JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The one thing I could foresee depleting my ample stock of .22 RF would be bartering.

1) .22 RF is the one ammo type that I have more than I would ever shoot. Especially the bulk ammo. So this is ammo that I would not feel bad about trading for something I need.

2) .22 RF is much less of a threat to me and others than centerfire ammo.

3) .22 RF would be in demand, now and in the future. It is very common and most people would have a .22 RF firearm that they could use the ammo in.

4) .22 RF is less expensive, so even at inflated prices, it would serve as a small denomination barter item.

I don't think a person could have too much .22 RF ammo - there will always be some use for it. I will always be buying more, but I have shifted my buying from bulk to precision hunting ammo.

As for it no longer being made - it would have to be a SHTF situation. Maybe, in 100 years or so, man portable rail guns or even energy weapons will replace firearms, but .22 RF and air guns will be the last to go. I am thinking that rail guns/energy weapons would never be something that any government would let civilians have.

Last Edited:
THis is exactly my problem. I keep coming across more ammo - although the frequency is slowing down. I am putting most of it in one place and trying to keep an inventory, but I am guessing there is still more to be found. At least now I have adequate supplies in a known place.

Yep I have found recently ammo for guns I no longer own, a lot of it esoteric from a time when my shooting and handloading interests were not in the mundane. I have managed to find most of it news homes at times not without some amount of effort as many of these calibers have effectively been obsolete for anywhere from decades to a couple of generations or three.

I am down to a box of 300 H&H brass and some 338 Win Mag brass that I will be re homing in the near future after I double check that I have no other such ammo or components that needs to go away.

Probably not much. They're my F around guns and a much as I enjoy shooting them, I can, and did live without during the last panic.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top