Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What would you do: Loud talker and eater in the Movie theater

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BPN, Jul 2, 2009.

1. BPN

BPN About 20min N of Seattle Member

Yesterday I went to the movie theater with a couple of my friends in Everett and we were very unlucky. We sat in front of the most annoying man. We saw Public Enemy it's a drama it was quiet (not much backround noise or music). This man for the first 30-45 minutes of the film was eating popcorn but was constantly shaking it from left to right like an intrument. Mean while constantly saying "forget this" or "screw this" etc… then he starts to comment on EVERYTHING in the movie. He started reading the signs in the movies, making comments on how the girls in the movies looked, making comments on the guns, constantly asking the person next to him "What did he say?" no one else talked but him and he did this so ofter I don't think 10 minutes passed with out a comment like when someone got shot in the head "That must have hurt." (end rant)

What would you do in this situation I contiplated going to the theater manager and trying to have him removed. Or just talking to him but thought that would be much more a of a distraction then he was.

People of NWFA what would you do in this situation.

Thanks, Ben

2. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

First I would ask him to be a little more courteous. If that did not work I would seek to have management eject him.

3. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

Go to a movie theatre where you know some of the staff personally. It's great, believe me. One quick, incognito text, and they will watch 'em.

4. Brandon44647

Brandon44647 Portland Member

Thats one of the reasons I try to avoid movie theatres , I prefer to wait & rent. Renting lets you watch it when you want to,pause for breaks or w/e... People (not all) are just more rude and inconsiderate of others when it comes to trying to enjoy a good movie out...... :twocents:

5. ORBrit

ORBrit Eugene Member

We went with friends to a packed theater to watch Transforners and there were two sets of two seats either side of a couple. I asked them politely if they would mind moving down so we could sit together and the guy shouts out
    "No! I'm not moving I'm just not moving!"

so I sat next to him with my wife and our friends sat on the other side of his wife/girlfriend.

I went the covert route and didn't visibly act like a jerk.
    I'd just eaten spicy Thai food so I burped in his direction several times during the next 2.5 hours :)

6. bcp

bcp SW WA Member

TV habits carrying over to the movie theatre.

7. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

Oh, dude. Cruel. ;]
    He won't be getting lucky tonight, after such an outburst in public. Surely his wife noticed how horrendously rude that was.

8. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

I myself would have turned around and asked him to keep it down (shut up!) or leave because I paid good money to watch the movie and not listen to his BS. But with the way I look and my size he would have shut up or left. My wife would have been embarrased but she's use to it.

9. ORBrit

ORBrit Eugene Member

yeah she protested and said to him
    "why won't you move, it's no big deal"