JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The title says this is all bull. Murder in progress ?? It is not a murder until somebody is dead.

Some of you actually think that the perp would respond to your challenge to stop, and then hold them at gun point. Jammers point about holding people at gun point is good, it has so may variables that the average CCW simply cannot perform it effectively.

Holding someone at gun point requires a suitable area, with correct spacing, an expectation that LEO or some one will be able to secure and effectively restrain the perp VERY quickly.

Some perps if challenged may just say f you, and charge you in a close space. You best be prepared to pull the trigger real fast. Issuing challenges and then expecting compliance starts a whole new process.

At work (Department of Corrections) a training manager thought it would be a good idea to similate an "active shooter drill" by bringing a cap gun to work, pulling it out and began firing it in the air in the cubical area where all the records ladies work.

It did not have the "desired effect"...

Recently a local police department ran an active shooter drill and .......forgot to inform the neighboring police agencies about it. :huh:

They started running it on an ops channel, and everybody was WTF is going on ?? The neighboring agencies started running officers over there, fire departments from 15 miles away started to mount up, in general it was a complete cluster flock until they sorted it out and got everybody squared away with multiple broadcast of this is a drill stand down...!!

Shortest active shooter drill recently. 12 minutes and it was over, and the arse chewings started. There are hundreds of people and the media that listen to all these channels all the time.

Would have held him at gun point or knocked him out if He tried to charge, then would call the Leo's (yes, I know.. But western justice isn't acceptable anymore).

The perp was in a real bad situation and lucky not to have gotten his head caved in. Two or three good boot stomps on his dome on the floor would have probably stopped the situation. You could have punted his nose off before he go up. Better that the gal hitting him with a paper bag.

Holding people at gunpoint is a skill. Cops do it. It's a bad idea for civilians to do it.

I don't teach it anymore, because it's more likely to get you killed, seriously injured or locked up than it is to actually prevent or stop a crime. I don't carry a weapon to protect you.

Cowards live longer, and intervening in someone else's fight is for cops and fools. I'd watch. I might make notes, but watching and calling are the extent of my responsibility.

If you're on the floor with a guy's rope around your neck, you got your bad self there, you get yourself out.

Staging this kind of idiocy is a lot like "staging" a drowning to test the lifeguard. A real rescue could result in a real death following a fake crime.

I don't believe any of you, but I like to watch posers.

Well first of all, you wouldn't be able to lift your skirt and pettycoat fast enough to reach your cap-gun to do any good anyhow, nor have a stable footing with all those granola crumbs stuck in your Birkenstocks... it'd be best that you stick to the coward thing. ;)

Hmm... how would I deal with this? Quickly bury the toe of my boot in the ribs of both actors then steal their wallets. Lesson learned, everyone comes away a better person or at least with a little more scratch for ammo.

If I stumbled upon one dude choking another dude my first response would be "Come on, bro. That's how David Carradine died." But then after checking for erections and finding none I would assume that this was not a sex act. I guess at that point I would simultaneously call 911 and wet myself.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top