JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My problem with these scenarios is who is the actual initiator of the scuffle?
Was the guy in the rope the one who attacked the choker? Or was the choker the actual killer?

Two guys fighting and one is beating the holy he!! out of the other guy. You didn't see the start of the conflict. Why is the guy beating up the other guy? Did he just kill someone? Or is the second man the victim?

I don't know. Maybe I help the guy being choked and he kills the both of us.Maybe the choker pulls a gun when you stop him from the silent method.

Maybe you want nothing to do with either man.

I usually have one form of non-lethal force on me. Metal object/light, knife, belt, or Kimber Blaster. My carry would not be first option because I would not have enough information to determine what is going on in .5 seconds. The attacker could have just caught the victim raping his daughter on the 12th floor, that sort of thing.

I would probably disable (not kill) the attacker via rear choke, pull him out of the elevator and take the victim to the 1st floor drag him out if necessary and tell bystanders to call for help. Then leave if at all possible. I am an expert at the old Snagglepuss 'look over there' while I exit stage left. (I know I'm on a DVR in any modern building. Well so be it).

Heroics are really overrated. But there is no way I could just meander away like most of those people. Older people or ladies I understand, that is really about all they can do.

I think I would try to disable also. Without knowing the situation you could make a really bad choice with your firearm. I would mace both of them, then separate them.

I was in the Fred Meyer parking lot about a year and a half ago, and I witnessed 3 Spanish speaking individuals pull a lone Spanish speaking individual from his car and proceed to start beating him. I wasn't carrying at the time, so I moved away and called the cops as they were beating on this guy. A lady near me started yelling at them to stop, they did, then dispersed. As one of them was walking away, he said that the lone dude raped his daughter. 911 said that the victim would need to file a police report, no victim, no crime. I was never called for my official statement.

Long story short, I had no clue as to who was in the right, if I helped the guy in the car, who willingly opened the door to let them pull him from his car, I'd be up against 3. I'll call the cops for you, but most likely won't get involved. The liability is way too high.

I watched the video.....
My answer is pretty simple. I would have dropped my heel right on top of the aggressors skull. At the very least he would let go of the garrote and the guy on the bottom would live. These kinds of situations don't require you to stop and consider " who's right / who's wrong"....all that matters is that you are stopping someone from killing another person.
If you've ever been in one of these situations, even if you lack the technical training, its called fight or flight.....and a lot of these people flew the coop.

If I was carrying I would use it to separate the two then hold them for the police. If not carrying I would probably put a boot to the head of the bad guy (with the rope+ he looked like a typical bad guy) & hope I didn't throw my back out but I would defiantly do something.

Holding people at gunpoint is a skill. Cops do it. It's a bad idea for civilians to do it.

I don't teach it anymore, because it's more likely to get you killed, seriously injured or locked up than it is to actually prevent or stop a crime. I don't carry a weapon to protect you.

Cowards live longer, and intervening in someone else's fight is for cops and fools. I'd watch. I might make notes, but watching and calling are the extent of my responsibility.

If you're on the floor with a guy's rope around your neck, you got your bad self there, you get yourself out.

Staging this kind of idiocy is a lot like "staging" a drowning to test the lifeguard. A real rescue could result in a real death following a fake crime.

I don't believe any of you, but I like to watch posers.

Holding people at gunpoint is a skill. Cops do it. It's a bad idea for civilians to do it.

I don't teach it anymore, because it's more likely to get you killed, seriously injured or locked up than it is to actually prevent or stop a crime. I don't carry a weapon to protect you.

Cowards live longer, and intervening in someone else's fight is for cops and fools. I'd watch. I might make notes, but watching and calling are the extent of my responsibility.

If you're on the floor with a guy's rope around your neck, you got your bad self there, you get yourself out.

Staging this kind of idiocy is a lot like "staging" a drowning to test the lifeguard. A real rescue could result in a real death following a fake crime.

I don't believe any of you, but I like to watch posers.

PLEEASE nobody respond to this...just more Jammer Six trolling to get you all fired up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top