JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ever hear the word Crack when talking about oil? Thats because what they do is crack the oil molecule into various products. If you make jet fuel (kerosene) you end up with Gasoline as a by product If you want Diesel to run big trucks you end up with gasoline as a by product.. SO until you can figure out how to fly 300 people across the country the oceans etc on something besides Jet fuel or haul millions of tons of consumer goods around the country you will have Gasoline. And if you have gasoline you have to do something with it. The most useful thing to do with it is push automobiles around with it.

Ever hear the word Crack when talking about oil? Thats because what they do is crack the oil molecule into various products. If you make jet fuel (kerosene) you end up with Gasoline as a by product If you want Diesel to run big trucks you end up with gasoline as a by product.. SO until you can figure out how to fly 300 people across the country the oceans etc on something besides Jet fuel or haul millions of tons of consumer goods around the country you will have Gasoline. And if you have gasoline you have to do something with it. The most useful thing to do with it is push automobiles around with it.

I had no idea that gasoline used to be considered garbage

What can history teach us about countries that have injected massive amounts of new money into their monetary supply? You can find people with wheelbarrows full of cash trying to buy some food. I could figure out how to live without a car if I absolutely had too, but living without food, nope. My neighbor had a Biden sign in their yard and walk their dog often, that's probably 40 pounds of meat after it's dressed out. People in Venezuela already figured this out recenty.

I imagine the values of gasoline powered automobiles would go down if gasoline and oil were to triple in price. Maybe some of the more fuel efficient cars would hold their value or even increase a bit but the gas hogs should decline in value.

Will that happen with firearm values if the ammo and reloading component shortage drags on for much longer?
1. That is federal policy now.
2. Burglaries will rise and buying and selling will decrease.
3. The free market (black or white) - what is left of it - will find a way to provide for demand. It has for alcohol; it has for drugs; it does for fleeting fashion. It will for the tools which aid survival.

We have a '03 F-250 V-10 the size of the Scharnhorst that gets about 12 mpg. Our son's brand new Ranger gets 20 mpg or so. I could buy a lot of gasoline for the Scharnhorst for what he paid for his Ranger. In fact I don't think I would live long enough pay for the difference. BTW, it's like driving an old Cadillac - comfy @ 80 mph with more go available with a push on the gas pedal.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews