JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Assuming you started with .223/5.56, what caliber would be next for you? (Choose up to 3)

• 6.8 SPC

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • 6.5 Grendel

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • .300 BLK

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • 7.62x39

Votes: 19 17.6%
  • 5.45x39

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • .458 SOCOM

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • 9mm

Votes: 31 28.7%
  • Other Pistol Caliber

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Other? Specify below

Votes: 16 14.8%

• Total voters
I'm one of those that just cant get on board with the .300 black out! I see its advantages in certain applications but I just cant wrap my head around it! Sort of like the old M1 carbine, Love the rifle, hate the round! Sort of a trade off for me, cant really see a good use for it! I wish it were less expensive to have a full size rifle length AR platform, I would love to do one in 7 MM rem mag!

The advantage is that the caliber was designed to maximize power from pistol length AR15's.

The 5.56 was designed for full length rifle barrels.

I got around to hunting with my 300 blackout and took a buck with it this fall. Hard for me not to consider it a useful tool now as I chew on deer chops. Merry Christmas and may Santa put one in your stocking!

I can't see adding another AR to the battery anytime soon, but if I did:

• Probably an AR-10 style rifle in 7.62mm NATO / .308 Win.
  • Maybe a pistol caliber carbine. I've been toying with a suppressed, pistol caliber carbine in 9mm or .45 ACP for a while now. However, as I've already kind of have one (vz61 in 7.65mm) and the utility is limited, I haven't done so. A pistol caliber AR would likely be a decent choice in this area though.

My next, and last, AR will be in either .22LR or 9mm for training, but for other purposes this is a pretty informative video by Tiberasaurus Rex who does the Sniper 101 series.

I'm really leaning towards a 300BLK upper with an 8.5" barrel. I actually had one and sold it for some ridiculous reason beyond my current comprehension, and I'd like to suppress it. The benefits of it within 200 yards, especially suppressed with subs, was something I didn't appreciate before. I'm still on the hunt for a magazine fed 50 BMG upper. I have the 458 Socom, 7.62x39, 204 Ruger and the 5.56 cover, but the 25/45 Sharps is looking attractive.

I would want one in a common pistol caliber that matches my sidearm. Either .45 ACP or 9mm would work. I find that carrying a rifle and a pistol in matching calibers is extremely convenient. I do that now with my .357 Mag revolver and my single shot rolling block rifle. I think .45 ACP would be good because my preferred sidearm is a 1911. On the other hand, I also carry a 9mm, and with all of the various government agencies stocking billions of rounds of 9mm hollow point it might make sense in a SHTF situation to be carrying both a pistol and a rifle that could use "borrowed" ammunition.

Wellll....OK it's an MKA 1919.:rolleyes:
!cid_304598FCD753401785761A16F941F8C7@homen0f2jr8q7u.jpg
So I got a little carried away..:p

If I could have a true "AR-15" (gas-operated) MSR in a pistol caliber I believe that a 10mm with a threaded muzzle would be in order. I would like to have it with a 16" barrel so that I could use "nuclear" 10mm loads. (Using these for hunting, and hot Underwood Extreme Penetrator loads would make it worth owning and shooting.

Arranging for a pinned on "birdcage" flash hider that won't damage the threads would be nice. The ability to remove said flash hider and install a sound suppressor seems appropriate

If I could have a true "AR-15" (gas-operated) MSR in a pistol caliber I believe that a 10mm with a threaded muzzle would be in order. I would like to have it with a 16" barrel so that I could use "nuclear" 10mm loads. (Using these for hunting, and hot Underwood Extreme Penetrator loads would make it worth owning and shooting.

Arranging for a pinned on "birdcage" flash hider that won't damage the threads would be nice. The ability to remove said flash hider and install a sound suppressor seems appropriate

Looks like Olympic Arms indeed makes a rifle length 10mm AR. I would definitely research them before buying one as their quality was questionable in the past.

K10 - Pistol Cal 10mm

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads