JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The thing is... It's a super volcano so it's going to be minimum of 30-50x bigger than St Helens and anything within 1000 miles any direction is pretty much 99% death and sightly less death every additional thousand miles. Ash beyond anything we can imagine. Even if the jet stream catches some and carries it out east. The ash will still make it west to us. The ash going east will circle the planet and land on us from the west. The ash is like moon dust in that it's made of tiny razorblades. Gets in your eyes or lungs and some of it stays forever. Yellowstone blows and..... Cut to 200yrs from now when there's only a few thousand people left in scattered pockets of several hundred, Here or there around the world telling fables about how people used to be able to fly. Cut to 15,000yr from now where a professor at a college is lecturing about how it's absurd to even think there was ever an advanced civilization before theirs...

If you woke up one weekday morning to reports of a major eruption of the Yellowstone Caldera what would significant actions would you do first, second and third?
Is this before, or after, "THE BIG ONE" hits, what's left of San Francisco slides up to Portlandia and, "We're tying the boat in Idaho." (From song, "Day after Day.") :rolleyes:

I'd be worried for Beth Dutton's safety
She's been through so much recently…poor thing.
5B6E2649-5572-491B-996C-D4070835E919.jpeg

Well according to the map " death zone", I am heading to my cabin. Have all the food and supplies I need for a very very long time, that is if Covid doesn't wipe us out first.

Silly question. If that blew in the fall or winter when the rain in the PNW is pouring down like a cow pissing on a flat rock, wouldn't that help to knock a lot of the ash out of the air locally?

A super volcano could change the weather patterns enough that it might stop the PNW rainy season.

Ash patterns from prior North American super volcanos indicate that the Pacific NW and Florida are good places to be.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top