JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Assuming I've already got the secret map from the crazy conspiracy theorist's Winnebago... I'd (1)get my kids on a giant Russian plane loaded with some rich guys cars until it runs out of fuel over Tibet and we have to make a quick exit in the Bentley....(2)hitch a ride in the back of an old truck to the secret launch site with a monk and his family... then (3)with the help of the monk...sneak into the Ark via the maintenance hatch.

Assuming I've already got the secret map from the crazy conspiracy theorist's Winnebago... I'd (1)get my kids on a giant Russian plane loaded with some rich guys cars until it runs out of fuel over Tibet and we have to make a quick exit in the Bentley....(2)hitch a ride in the back of an old truck to the secret launch site with a monk and his family... then (3)with the help of the monk...sneak into the Ark via the maintenance hatch.
Oh, pipe down, 007... :p

Oh, pipe down, 007... :p
AE8B001B-C4A4-46D3-9C5A-CC427BBAC7EF.gif

I would be dead by the time I heard about it. Since we are in Colorado and directly in the proposed path of the ash-fall.. I can hear the wailing now.. the Old Woman's "plan" is suicide and considering the alternative she may have a point.. I have a socio-religious bar to self-extinguishment, so my idea is to eke out whatever survival may be available tho at my age and condition, :eek: it wouldnt be long till my meds ran out... right now tho the corona virus concerns me more than The Great Caldera, just sayin:s0077:... Oh, and the gummint ain't working on fixin the problem WHY? That slacker Obongo..

Last Edited:
Only three? OK, I will try to condense.

1. Deploy anti-hangover countermeasures (strong espresso and cigar) and try to locate where my trousers ended up the previous night.
  2. If a workday, per OP, log into my office workstation to see how obnoxious the workday will be. If a weekend, engage in the joint operations with my sidekick. After, naturally, taking care of the three S's (sh¡t, shower, and shave) in the bathroom.
  3. Say "Uh-oh" at the news as it sinks, check that we've got plenty of supplies in, make sure family is fine, and load up the Model 29. You never know when you'll have to scientifically inquire upon the degree of luck of a punk.
So pretty much situation normal, but with some extra double-check. :s0155:

1.See if I can reach my family and friends in affected areas to let them know I love them and will pray for them.
2.Keep my wife near and thank her for a great life together
3.Kill any sumbubblegum who tries to steal my Y2K Hard Red Winter Wheat.

Then 2012 was the end of the entire universe.... it's amusing just being a mere computer simulation. :s0140:

2012?

I forgot about that until you mentioned this.

What was going to KILL us all in 2012? How was the universe supposed to end?

I can't remember.

It could be because I really did not pay super attention to the 2012 deal or it is because I am getting too old to REMEMBER that TEOTWAWKI (?) or give a rat's @@@ as my late husband used to say! LOL

Cate

I just asked my MT born and raised husband this question and he said that we are in the KILL ZONE. I call it the DEAD ZONE.

He said that he would say a prayer, hold me if he is here, and he thinks that we would DIE in seconds/minutes.

I do not know if he is right or wrong on the nuclear explosion type of death.

I would make a nice hot cup of coffee or tea if I had time and sip on it. One for my husband and one for me.

I would lie down in bed with him or sit side by side in our chairs if we only had minutes or an hour left to live. HOLD each other in our arms.

Pray and thank God and each other for what we had in our time on earth.

Keep the curtains open and observe the wildlife and nature out of our windows until the CLOUD rolls across and hits our home.

I do not know if having a radio on would help since apparently everything gets destroyed in a matter of minutes or less in the KILL ZONE.

I have been around family and friends when they died. (Other people too.) They did NOT want to hear the news or have the radio or boob tube on much if at all. NO news for sure! Maybe a movie or nice music but mainly they wanted silence and PEACE with some quiet talking.

They wanted peace and quiet. Time with their loved ones and dogs. Laughter and smiles along with the tears. Held in a wife's arms - vice versa. Dogs on each side of their Lazy Boy chair or bed. They only wanted specific people to visit them too. NOT some Johnny come lately who did not care about them when they were healthy or from years ago when they stabbed you in the back or ghosted you because you did NOT agree with them 100% over some dang political issue or candidate!

There used to be an old sign in my former state - Volunteer FD and EMT squad. My late husband's old township station/hall where he volunteered. I helped them with other ladies but I was NOT a fireman.

IT was on a BIG yellow sign with words and pictures. That sign was placed on I of 2 double doors leading from the meeting room/kitchen/back room to the fire trucks - ambulance - tanker. Close to the old Coke machine. It said, "In case of nuclear attack, bend over and kiss your @@@ goodbye!" The man in the picture literally showed this too. Grin. It was not up front in the radio room and by those front doors that led to the BIG overhead doors.

Cate
PS: I have no clue why my LINK shows Taman on it for the map until you click on it! Missoula, Montana to Yellowstone National Park.

1) try to sneak down to the liquor store why people are kissing their bubblegum goodbye and stock up

2) swing by the grocery store if people are still distracted by the events unfolding on TV

3) invite a few friends over and blockade the road

Ha ha ha now the booze and snacks are all ours !!!

If you woke up one weekday morning to reports of a major eruption of the Yellowstone Caldera what would significant actions would you do first, second and third?
I am in the Ozarks, but I think its a low threat. But I would think It's either leave before it happens, or prepare for going rapidly to the coast.
There is however, a higher probable threat for this group, the Wuhan Corona Virus. So this community might want to track info related to its possible entry via the NW area. To help in the meantime, please feel free to go to my info page about it. I put a link to the info, at the top of my website at simplyyourhealth.com
I update the info everyday.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads