JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know of at least a half dozen people who thinks firearms are as evil as the devil.i asked if they had anything in their home to defend their family's and I got pretty much the same answer. (It will never happen to us). So I say if someone broke into their house and tried to rob, or something worse they would just let it happen ? Again, it will never happen to us. I tell them well I hope it never happens to you to. Why would anybody let something bad happen to a wife, father, exc just because they hate guns ?

It was 43 years ago, but I recall, while teaching fellow recruits how to field strip and clean AR-15/M16s in boot camp, a discussion regarding home defense. I believe it was a guy from Chicago who said he would just use a baseball bat instead of a gun.

I am of the school of thought that once it becomes obvious that someone is an idiot, that it just isn't worth having anything to do with them. Over 6 decades of life, experience has borne that out.

_nc_ohc=fhB5Db4ggZYAX8Lv-tX&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

I have witnessed braggadocios men cower during an attack, have seen quiet men take the lead in stressful situations, and have seen strong men weaken in the aftermath of carnage.

You won't know who possesses the ability to protect themselves, or others, until the situations are present.

Edit to Add: Never underestimate a female. :D
Edit to Add: Or a child.

Last Edited:
I spoke with one of these reality deniers one day: I asked him, if your child/wife/yourself is about to be murdered and you could prevent it by shooting the killer would you?

He proudly proclaimed he wouldn't. He hates guns.

If I was there with my gun would you want me to protect your family and you using it would you?

He said yes....what an illogical azzhole.

It's ok for me to protect you with a gun, but not ok for you to do the same, wut...?
Well, of course your using a gun to defend his family is fine.
That way, his family is safe and he can continue to act morally superior. His soy boi pals will agree with him and then they can start a drum circle on your front lawn to try to force you and your guns out of their neighborhood.
Or he wants to force you out because you'd be a constant reminder of what a failure of a man he is.

I LONG ago gave up with people like that. If they are adamant that crime is never going to happen to them? I just shrug and say the bad people have to eat too. It's a waste of time to try to win them over if they are that far gone.
These are the same folks that say they're not too drunk to drive or that they can't possibly be pregnant.

Not mad, just don't think talking about guy's junk or sexual preferences really has much to do with the topic AND I see the thread either being closed or moved to a different sub-forum if we continue down this back alley. Remember the desire to keep this forum family friendly and about guns?

No I am not a mod and I have no desire to be, but I have observed their tendency to nip this kind of discussion in the bud. Just saying. :s0025:

I thought the original comment was hilarious and apt to the discussion. As long as it's not carried too far, I'd allow it.

Never mind, my post to you was just deleted. Now the mods come out. LOL

People who think like that will just have sympathy for those that do bad to them. After all, it's not the bad guys' fault. The world made them that way.

I, of course, think differently.

I am sure most of you are like me, wouldnt stand there and let something bad happen to a loved one, myself I would die first and wouldn't go down without one hellova bloody fight.

Had this discussion just after getting married. My wife said her mother told her to "Boil a pot of water and throw it on them."

I found at least three flaws with that defense:

1. Getting water to boil takes time.
2. You might scald yourself.
3. A watched pot never boils (an old folk saying).

So I introduced her to a S&W Model 39 9mm auto. She got the picture. A S&W .38 Sp. revolver turned out to be her go to gun when she is concerned. Yep, she would shoot. Especially if she is afraid.

1) Post #20:
"Also tell them that, "NOBODY needs a fire extinguisher! That's what the fire department is for!" :D
A fire extinguisher also works for repelling boarders. I saw a great video (since removed from F'book) of a beleaguered motorist blasting an obstreperous cretin with a cloud of powdered bicarbonate of soda at a gas station. Seemed to work pretty well. :D

Here's the video that goes with that.

2) " In talking with someone who has the insane mindset of "It can't happen to me", we can eventually get to the point where they'll say something like "I'll reason with them", or "I'll tell them to stop". Or, the old standby: "That's what the police are for."
Ask your timorous friend if it's OK with him for the sociopathic Orcs to disregard his reasoned entreaties and proceed to abuse all the various orifices of his loved ones while he looks on helpless, then kill everybody.
If the answer is "yes" then he has volunteered to be the designated victim, with at least 2 beneficial results.
a) The removal of such pusillanimity genes from the herd, to the benefit of all of humanity.
b) Sociopathic Orcs prefer easy victims and he has agreed to act as chum for them, thus drawing them away from me.

If the answer is "no" ask him how he plans to effectively interfere. If asking the question p!sses him off ask "him" how he would like the real thing.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top