JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know of at least a half dozen people who thinks firearms are as evil as the devil.i asked if they had anything in their home to defend their family's and I got pretty much the same answer. (It will never happen to us). So I say if someone broke into their house and tried to rob, or something worse they would just let it happen ? Again, it will never happen to us. I tell them well I hope it never happens to you to. Why would anybody let something bad happen to a wife, father, exc just because they hate guns ?

It will never happen to them.... Why not??? Are they too good? Are they peaceful so they'll never get into trouble with others? Is their house too well secured? Live in a quiet area?

Anybody that reads news or watches TV news knows that bad things happen to good people all the time. Statistical probabilities won't protect me from it being me that it happens to... my wife is against buying lottery tickets because the chances of winning are (infinitesimal)... I tell her that "somebody" is going to win, it could be us!!!

But they won't think, because they're convinced that noting bad like that will ever happen to them. People who think like that are not realists and don't see society for the evil it truly is. Perhaps they'll be fortunate to skate through life without ever having a brush with crime. Perhaps they won't.

As an adolescent, we had our home broken into twice, we were away both times, but it
Opened my eyes to the true evil society has to offer. This I'm prepared to take care of me and mine. Cross my threshold uninvited and you'll most likely get yer ticket punched to meet yer maker...

And I make no apologies...

Thinking is in short supply today. People believe what they are spoon fed.

When I was a kid, we lived in a suburban area of Eastern Los Angeles County. In the 50s it was very nice there. Everyone there felt safe. But were they really??? A few blocks over, my folk's good friends had a knock on their door about 9pm. When one of them answered, they were accosted, tied up, keys to their car taken, put in the trunk of the car, and driven for hours and hours. They were fortunate to be released somewhere in Arizona, far from their home. But it could have gotten deadly. It happens.

I have lived in some rough neighborhoods where one would not expect to be safe. But I never believed I was safe, after what happened to my folk's friends, just because I lived in nice areas. It is LIFE that teaches hard lessons.

One of the few benefits of the plague is I don't get solicitors anymore....

Hee hee, I got my first letter from a local JW this last week. What a hoot!!! My mom got a similar one that had a dollar inside... not sure what that is about.

Last Edited:
I know of at least a half dozen people who thinks firearms are as evil as the devil.i asked if they had anything in their home to defend their family's and I got pretty much the same answer. (It will never happen to us). So I say if someone broke into their house and tried to rob, or something worse they would just let it happen ? Again, it will never happen to us. I tell them well I hope it never happens to you to. Why would anybody let something bad happen to a wife, father, exc just because they hate guns ?

I deal with this kind of nonsense every day of my life. The fire-extinguisher metaphor is a good one that most people can understand.

In talking with someone who has the insane mindset of "It can't happen to me", we can eventually get to the point where they'll say something like "I'll reason with them", or "I'll tell them to stop". Or, the old standby: "That's what the police are for."

In reality, all they are doing is choosing to resist evil in the least effective ways possible. Simply saying "Stop doing that!" can be a form of resisting/fighting. Not a very good way, but that's the tool/weapon that some people choose to use.

I prefer to use better tools, especially as I get older.

I live in a quiet town.

Well, at least it was... now we have tweakers and heroin dealers, and home invasion robberies, and we had our first ever drive-by shooting last week.

Earlier this year, I started locking my doors during the daytime, we are retired, when we are home. That's a big change for us. Paranoid? Not considering the above is happening!!

1) " Do they walk around all day with their fingers crossed, muttering "It will never happen to us"? "
Actually, I think that reality seldom intrudes in their bubble of normality bias. They aren't thinking "It will never happen to us."
They aren't thinking at all.

2) " Earlier this year, I started locking my doors during the daytime, we are retired, when we are home. That's a big change for us. Paranoid? Not considering the above is happening!!"
a. It ain't paranoia when they really ARE out to get you.
b. Anybody who doesn't think they are out to him/her isn't paying attention.
c. Things aren't actually getting worse, just more obvious.
d. I lock the ft. and garage doors when we're out back, and we live in semi-rural pastoral equanimity.
From the 2nd floor I have overwatch for quite a way.

3) "You must think you're more special than Jesus Christ, look what they did to him.. without a gun."
Yup. He p!ssed off the wrong people too.
"From this hour, whoever has a money bag should take it and thus also a wallet, and whoever lacks a sword, let him sell his tunic and buy a sword for himself." Luke 22:36

4) "There are carnivorous predators...
Herbivore prey...
And omnivorous survivors."
Being old and obviously decrepit I know I look like prey to subhuman* predators. Without my little blue friend I would be.
* (aka Uentermenschen. defined by character and actions, not "race.")

5) "You can't save everybody... "
Nope, and them as won't save themselves aren't worth saving.

No point in beating your head against the wall. Worldviews are very resistant to change; it takes a great shock to do it. There are lots of people out there who are more reasonable.

I'd find better friends.

I spoke with one of these reality deniers one day: I asked him, if your child/wife/yourself is about to be murdered and you could prevent it by shooting the killer would you?

He proudly proclaimed he wouldn't. He hates guns.

If I was there with my gun would you want me to protect your family and you using it would you?

He said yes....what an illogical azzhole.

It's ok for me to protect you with a gun, but not ok for you to do the same, wut...?

It's ok for me to protect you with a gun, but not ok for you to do the same, wut...?
I would have probably taken it a step further and asked if he would attempt to protect his family using something other than a gun - to see if just the gun is the issue or something deeper.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top