JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What will you carry concealed if IP43 passes?

• Revolver

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Pistol with 10-round mag

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Pistol with large capacity mag (illegally)

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • Other (tazer, knife, etc)

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
The main reason some carry a 9mm instead of a 45 is mag capacity. Valid point. If you are limited to 10 round mags, might as well step it up to a 45.

Hence the resurgence of 1911s and big bore guns in the mid to late 90's. IF it passes, IF people comply, .40, 10mm, .45, and maybe even .50GI will see another surge in popularity, and 9mm will shrink. The Avidity PD10 will be the biggest 9mm most folks would want. Lots of Shields, Sig P365s, etc will go. Provided they arent banned becausr they *could* take a mag over 10 rnds. Because its possible to make single stack 30 round 9mm mags...:confused:

I will never consider the fact that IP 43 will be upheld as Constitutional. If it is upheld then Oregon just set the bar for the entire country, and you will then have SHTF, and our country will descend into an anarchy hell.

It may pass in Oregon, it will be one of the most highly fought ballot measures ever. If it does pass, then it will be challenged, and who the hell is going to start confiscating or accepting the "surrender" of guns until the consitutionality of the measure is determined??

Pity those poor bastards, better bring a lunch when you come for mine. The day the government comes for my guns is the day I become a rebel.

Not to offend anybody or the OP, but even thinking about a scenario where I have to modify my defense habits because some government wants my legally owned guns is already giving into them. Your revolvers will be next, and I own a few of those too.

I already told my wife, who is apposed to leaving the valley, that Id be leaving for Idaho and she is welcome to fallow. But there are so many gun owners in oregon it really shouldn't pass.
So many gun owners to turn into felons.... it is what they want. The demo-nazis in Salem have nothing stopping them. This and the new one they just slipped in... You are liable if anyone gets hurt for 5 years after you sell a gun.

So many gun owners to turn into felons.... it is what they want. The demo-nazis in Salem have nothing stopping them. This and the new one they just slipped in... You are liable if anyone gets hurt for 5 years after you sell a gun.

Never fly. You cannot make someone responsible for the actions of another like that. If that's the case, the STATE should be held liable for clearing the background check and issuing a GO. Hold the State Police responsible, and since the Superintendant reports directly to the Governor, She/He/It is ultimately responsible. So if anyone in Iregon gets hurt by a gun, just hold the Governor responsible. If its non fatal, put them in stocks on the steps to the capitol building. If its fatal, then hang them on the steps. Might mean a special election every month, but what the hell. :rolleyes:

Never fly. You cannot make someone responsible for the actions of another like that. If that's the case, the STATE should be held liable for clearing the background check and issuing a GO. Hold the State Police responsible, and since the Superintendant reports directly to the Governor, She/He/It is ultimately responsible. So if anyone in Iregon gets hurt by a gun, just hold the Governor responsible. If its non fatal, put them in stocks on the steps to the capitol building. If its fatal, then hang them on the steps. Might mean a special election every month, but what the hell. :rolleyes:
Sounds like a great plan, holding them responsible. How ya' gonna do that? By the way, in Oregon, government workers and "leaders" are immune from litigation as long as they are doing their job. And that is by their definition. 9th Circuit will hold them harmless. Especially around gun issues. Unless we see a serious turn-out by folks other than us here in the choir, all the new anti-gun laws are likely to pass.

Unless we see a serious turn-out by folks other than us here in the choir, all the new anti-gun laws are likely to pass.

This. This ballot measure is so liberal friendly and the state is clearly dominated in 4 counties by the left vote that it will pass regardless of the Constitutionality of the measure.

I get trying to fight the ballot measure before the November general election but the real battle comes when this measure is passed in those 4 counties and then becomes state law. Make no mistake about it, the rest of this country in the left is well aware of the stranglehold they have in Oregon, and the cash to support this gun grab will start coming into the state by the semi load.

Challenging that and getting past the liberal dominated 9th Circuit Court and to the State Supreme Court where the Constitution stands a better chance of being upheld will be the real challenge.

If it does pass, then the machinery and process to actually start the enforcement and "surrender' process will have to be determined. I can just see a new state agency in charge of the gun confiscation process. Bumbling as the state is at everything they do, that may take a while, long enough to get the Constitutional challenges in place.

As I have done about monthly for the last year and a half, last Sunday morning I stood on a small hill outside Powell Butte. I took in the view of the Cascade Range to the west, listened to some cows mooing, and had just attended some church services ( which for me is rare) with some salt of the earth cowboys and farmers. I looked over the Cascade Range and thought, what a fing mess rat race is going on over there on the west side. All those liberal pukes get to decide how I live my life.

Conservative Oregon and its citizens are in a fight for their freedom. Time to give it all we got.

I plan to carry what I carry now - A shield 9mm. Largest mag is 9 rounds unless they determine that since you could possibly make a mag with more than 10 rounds it's illegal. In that case I'll carry a revolver until I move the rest of my belongings and my income tax out of state.

If 43 were to pass I would carry exactly what I'm carrying anyway. Namely, "Buddy", my 686 snubby. I just prefer revolvers for home defense or as edc. I'm against 43 because I think it would restrict citizen choice unnecessarily and achieve nothing with respect to lowering the rates of homicides, suicides, firearm injury, or attacks on schools.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top