JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm done explaining why America needs to be the Light on the hill. We need to recapture what we once were. Take back our manufacturing prowess, circle the wagons and not allow the worlds despots to control our direction.

This current event will cost untold Trillions...and for what? Just pisses me off.

The media has tasted the power of panic. So, I'm really hoping that we don't start shutting down the country every Flu season.... to be on the safe-side, y'know it's for the children.

I can't help but feel we're re-living Orson Wells' radio performance of, "The War of the Worlds"! :eek: After sitting through a screening of, "The Russians are Coming! The Russians Are Coming!"o_O

My eyes will forever look down that toilet paper isle at Safeway, weather I need some or not.
I look now out of morbid curiosity since I have enough for my family. But I'm sure that some folks look at it in horror.

IMG_20200323_161815.jpg

I think next time there is evidence of a new virus outbreak in Chi-Na or anywhere else, we will be stopping incoming flights a lot sooner. The only way to prevent it from getting here and controlling it until a vaccine can be manufactured and distributed would have been to stop all foreigners from entering the country and to put under supervised quarantine any returning americans. The was no where near the political will power to do that, but I bet if we could turn back time a that is exactly what would happen.

At any rate, China lied about the whole thing and lost control of it and let it escape, now its is circling around the globe and its going to come back to China from all angles. They took extreme measures in Wuhan to get it under control, the truth of how bad it got we may never know. The second go around will have it popping up everywhere, in the end China will get it the worst.

The great depression was like 8-9 years long not a season at most.

The virus will last into next year. It will phase out late spring into early summer, then return in late fall/early winter at the latest and last into early spring next year.

The recession it causes will last well into next year, maybe third or 4th quarter. Maybe 2022 before we are back to the same place we were 3 months ago with employment. Some people will not recover from this financially.

Some people will learn, just as they did in 2008. I know my daughter will remember and it will change her behavior with regards to preps, it has already.

As for personal hygiene and such. I hope people will take it more seriously, but people who ignored it and had no consequences from that ignorance, will just go on as they did before. Some employers won't change their minds/policies - some will.

DB tells de truff!

And maybe, just maybe the tide will turn as the scales fall off our eyes.

Well, ok, they've been ripped off our eyes.

We now realize letting others manufacture (everything) for us while we've settled back letting the U.S. burn is really, really a precarious and dreadful position to let ourselves be in.

Complacency kills...us.

:rolleyes:
Here's what the cynic in me sees.

Seasonal shutdowns

Populations willing to sacrifice freedoms and liberties in name of health and security

Events similar to pogroms, public shaming or worse of individuals who dare go against the almighty State :rolleyes:

Rioting after shutdowns/lockdowns are lifted.

Meanwhile FEMA asks the Pentagon for 100,000 body bags.
Funny how I didn't see that reported by the usual suspects doing TV news. (they don't want to scare us)
Happened about 18 hours ago and was reported by some news services.

The pandemic, the hunkering down...what will it change forever ?

The way we act when we are sick.
Sneezing or coughing into the elbow.
Not going to work when sick.
No more ganging up in the lunchroom for meals.
Mindful of touching the face.
Hand awareness....what they touch and how we wash them.

No more bulk food bins.
Only the dispensers in bulk foods.

The way we keep our homes stocked with consumables and food.

Air travel, cruises, public transportation won't be quite the same.

As non-users learn the drill, the trash can at the public restroom exit will get used much more.

Mullets make a comeback as we self-barber ourselves.
:)

The Great Depression changed those folks for the rest of their lives.
I think this pandemic will cause permanent changes for the rest of our lives.
What do you think ?
I would like to say yes, things will change but, I doubt it. Humans seem to have very short memories. How many people are scrambling for ammo? Did they learn from the last great shortage just a very short time ago? No. So will any learn from this? I doubt it. Things will go back to normal and people will promptly forget. Look how they vote? People elect people who make a mess, then vote for them again when they promise to fix the mess they made, that they blame on people who have nothing to do with it. Still voters go along with it. <shrug>
The great depression was hard for those who lived it to forget as it went on for many years due to the people in power feeding it. They also did not have huge bail outs.

Last Edited:
How long will it be before we shake hands without second guessing?

How long until we go to a show or a ball game, and squeeze past a dozen people in a crowded row without cringing?

How old will we have to be before all the young folk around us can no longer remember the reasons why the old people cringe in crowds or when shaking hands?

Maybe the 9-1-1 terrorist attacks give some insight into what could happen. The security measures caused by that event never went away. As one example that I can think of.

Big difference between the Great Depression era and now: In the years since that event, our society has adopted the idea that it's the government's responsibility to make everyone whole when something goes wrong. Markedly so in the last fifteen years. In less than a month, the US government has undertaken to assume several Trillion dollars more debt to address the virus issue. And this may be just the beginning. The orgy of money creation will have a lasting effect. The Federal Reserve has announced that it will be creating new liquidity for foreign central banks. This continued dilution of the value of our US dollar will have a lasting effect on everyone.

Cruise ship industry will never come back to what it was. Too many people endured the nightmare of being confined on ship. Can
you imagine being confined in one of the cheap cabins with no windows or windows that don't open?:eek: Not even half the ships will be back.
Movie theaters were struggling before this and now they are closed. People are now on Netflix and Prime will not go back into theaters.
Cheaper easier to stream movies and if you don't like the movie stop and try another movie. Imagine being in a theater and someone
starts coughing? Yikes.:eek::eek::eek: And no $15 bucket of popcorn. Maybe drive ins will come back??:rolleyes: Hope so.
The large chain restaurants will mostly survive but a lot of the small one of a kind restaurants will be gone.:(
Can you believe this? :confused::confused::confused:

Since many people are resisting the hygiene and distancing protocols anyway, I don't think things are gonna remain changed much after this settles down.

My neighbors, mostly out of work now, are coming and going constantly, as well as entertaining a parade of visitors. The only thing changed for them is now they have more time to do so.

Fist bumping instead of hand shaking became all the rage before cv.

All the cool people did it along with hugging each other like Olympic athletes after finishing a gymnastic move...

Betcha all that goofy fist bumping and constant hugging goes out the window...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top