JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
All it took was one vote that had a BS vote count to pass a bill that removed a large section of guns, so yeah it is doable. 500million in 100 million hands- yet how many of those hands would do ANYTHING to stop it??? It would be so hard to regulate to the tune of removing access- I mean all those states/cities who have done that are only in post-apocalyptic science fiction movies

I assume you refer to 1994 Clinton ban. But they didn't take any guns then - all guns that were already owned, and in fact produced before the date were grandfathered in. Besides that silliness expired for a reason, and it would be very difficult if not impossible to pass anything similar today.

The polls showing Obama ahead tell you to buy stock in firearm and ammo companies, because people will stock up if Obama wins, then you should sell the stock in 2013 when demand slacks off. That's the biggest impact Obama will have on guns IMHO.

Of course, the flip side is what will Romney do? Probably nothing, although it is pretty ironic that the 'conservative' candidate is the former governor of Taxachusetts who signed an assault weapons ban in 2004, which is more anti-gun legislation than Obama ever did.

“I believe the people should have the right to bear arms, but I don’t believe that we have to have assault weapons as part of our personal arsenal,” Romney said on Fox News in 2004. I guess he flip flopped on that one?

As always, it's a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. Tasty.

Let's just think for a second, how can government take guns ? Increase taxes on them ? We already have a ton of guns, taxing them 500% is not going to change anything. Taxing ammo ? We already have a ton of ammo stockpiled "in case Obama gets re-elected". Some folks might be affected in terms of plinking and sporting, but we will always have enough for defense against enemies foreign and domestic ;) Confiscate guns altogether ? Without compensation ? 500 million guns in 100 million hands ? I'm surprised nobody made a post-apocalyptic science fiction movie titled "The day they took the guns"...

guess you forgot about new orleans already (door to door search and theft of all firearms)

All I can say is Obama is from Illinois and Romney from Massachusetts... They are both among the worse states for gun owners. They both are anti-gun. but what you have to look at is the party system. The parties won't allow any major laws/regulations to pass. If they do it will hurt there chances of keeping there party in office. This has been done in the past with democrats and that is why Obama will talk about it but do nothing. Honestly some small things might happen but nothing big. People will still freak out and stockpile and drive prices up, like in the past, for fear of what might happen.

guess you forgot about new orleans already (door to door search and theft of all firearms)

After refusing to admit that it had any seized firearms, the city revealed in mid-March that it did have a cache of some 1000 firearms seized after the hurricane; this disclosure came after the NRA filed a motion in court to hold the city in contempt for failure to comply with the U.S. District Court's earlier order to return all seized firearms.

1000 done, 499,999,000 more to go :)

I assume you refer to 1994 Clinton ban. But they didn't take any guns then - all guns that were already owned, and in fact produced before the date were grandfathered in. Besides that silliness expired for a reason, and it would be very difficult if not impossible to pass anything similar today.

Nope was thinking around 1986 actually, or go back to the original tax stamp of $200 which at the time was to keep certain guns out of the commoners hands

A lot of fear in this thread. If the re-election happens, you folks should probably move north or south of the border to avoid what you think might happen.

And let the rest of us know how that works out for you.

You should be more concerned about holding Congress then, and less about whom a President puts forward. You can thank Boehner for for your personal terror.

Fair point. I was getting ahead of the inevitable comments about the tree of liberty being refreshed by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

I don't think they will be able to confiscate any sincere amount of weapons, nor will they attempt to. I feel they will control it with ammunition sales. There has already been talk of an expiration date on primers. They could easily outlaw "assault rifles" and the ammunition with public support or with executive order. People are already calling for it on the comments after news articles I've read. They could easily limit your firearm purchases to one a year or only one per person. When they control the ammunition, they control the guns.

After refusing to admit that it had any seized firearms, the city revealed in mid-March that it did have a cache of some 1000 firearms seized after the hurricane; this disclosure came after the NRA filed a motion in court to hold the city in contempt for failure to comply with the U.S. District Court's earlier order to return all seized firearms.

1000 done, 499,999,000 more to go :)

that was 1 city with just 1 mayor. can you guess what will happen when odumbazz doesn't have to worry about reelection

I don't think they will be able to confiscate any sincere amount of weapons, nor will they attempt to. I feel they will control it with ammunition sales. There has already been talk of an expiration date on primers. They could easily outlaw "assault rifles" and the ammunition with public support or with executive order. People are already calling for it on the comments after news articles I've read. They could easily limit your firearm purchases to one a year or only one per person. When they control the ammunition, they control the guns.

if they can outlaw ar's they they could add any semi auto to that list because that is what they are NOT assault rifles

Nope was thinking around 1986 actually, or go back to the original tax stamp of $200 which at the time was to keep certain guns out of the commoners hands

You need to recall the context of 1986 bill. It was signed by Reagan per recommendation from NRA, which is actually interesting, since we are now talking about a democrat president...

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top