JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are too many here, that's why we need more like minded people so it doesn't become california, oregon or washington.
My neighbor moved to Idaho about 2 yrs ago. His job offered him a position and his adult kids already live there. He stopped by a while back and seemed happier than ever. His house here sold in about a week. Perfect timing. He's not a gun guy but he is a good guy. He was one of the last original homeowners on the block. Now me and maybe two others.

I learned about gun culture in Oregon, so it's funny to see it so casually tossed aside. The first people I met, from Grants Pass no less, are now the biggest counter culture, head in the sand people I know.

My neighbor moved to Idaho about 2 yrs ago. His job offered him a position and his adult kids already live there. He stopped by a while back and seemed happier than ever. His house here sold in about a week. Perfect timing. He's not a gun guy but he is a good guy. He was one of the last original homeowners on the block. Now me and maybe two others.

I learned about gun culture in Oregon, so it's funny to see it so casually tossed aside. The first people I met, from Grants Pass no less, are now the biggest counter culture, head in the sand people I know.
That seems to be the standard...my in-laws moved here a few months back and they were worried about the change (lifelong Oregonians), but they LOVE it! I've been trying to get here since 2004 and finally did last year. Prices were crazy but it's a MUCH better place!

Funny thing now is all this 114 is gonna do is SKYROCKET 80% "ghostguns" in the market. I know for the foreseeable future that likely all im gonna be getting.

Maybe someday after spending millions of dollars trying to figure things out, they'll eventually realize that the requirements for obtaining a CHL are precisely what's really needed for that conundrum they're referring to as the elusive "permit process." 🙄

Quite honestly I'm not holding my breath here, but certainly hoping for a court injunction at the very least in the short term. Being newly retired beyond the age of 68 years old and left with a collection of firearms that I'm potentially unable to sell or otherwise liquidate is Infuriating.

However maddening and frustrating it might be for me, I cannot imagine the frustration, and even heartbreak that every FFL in the sad state of affairs otherwise known as Oregon has been going through. It's become their life's work, and they've put everyting into it. Now it's all tied up in litigation through no fault of their own.

Freedom. What happened to that, and how in the world did we get that taken away from us?
The answer to your question is 'Californicators.' they are like locusts, destroying everything in their path.

The answer to your question is 'Californicators.' they are like locusts, destroying everything in their path.
As far as I recall, Kate Brown, Ted Wheeler and Portland DA, Mike Schmidt aren't from California. Portlandia became a thing. Naked bike rides, Occupy, then the ropes came off. I may be wrong but from my opinion the democrats kicked out democrat governor Kitzhaber and installed a totally controlled, Kate Brown. That's on Oregon.

The votes come after policy. Californians along with other liberals may vote for the policies but they don't write the policy. So many politicians campaign on their roots in Oregon ranch or farms but vote and live like hippies.

FYI federally straw purchases are still allowed...I have first hand experience with that in oregon and the atf does not care...the item I sold was used in a crime and the atf literally said I'm in the clear. let's get back to the old days and meet in parking lots!

Percussion caps might hold you back. They are scarce and as expensive as primers, if you can find them.

I had a few guns gathering dust in my safe. I put them up for sale just to see if someone wanted them more than I do. I've pulled them all now. Until there's an injunction or shipping firearms gets easier, it's just not worth it unless I drive all the way to Washington…

There will be a few people who get the license to purchase, but overall, I think the Oregon classifieds will really dry up. Those who don't/won't get a permit are unlikely to sell guns as they will not be able to replace them.

Most sellers will find they have better luck on GunBroker. Who knows, maybe the black powder section will get a serious boost in traffic.
Yeah Im thinking that black powder is going to be a big thing as well.

Percussion caps might hold you back. They are scarce and as expensive as primers, if you can find them.
Prime all actually works really well for the percussion cap thing. Much better than remanufacturing boxer primers. There is a tool that will cut new percussion cap cups from soda cans too. I think the site is 22reloader or something to that effect..
Here it is. they have gas check makers too, pretty novel

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads