JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been fortunate to have purchased a few firearms and some ammo from our Classifieds section over the years. Mostly curious how The Abomination aka- measure 114 could affect our forum directly.
If this has already been posted, my apologies. Mod can delete. Thanks!

There will be a few people who get the license to purchase, but overall, I think the Oregon classifieds will really dry up. Those who don't/won't get a permit are unlikely to sell guns as they will not be able to replace them.

Most sellers will find they have better luck on GunBroker. Who knows, maybe the black powder section will get a serious boost in traffic.

There will be a few people who get the license to purchase, but overall, I think the Oregon classifieds will really dry up. Those who don't/won't get a permit are unlikely to sell guns as they will not be able to replace them.

Most sellers will find they have better luck on GunBroker. Who knows, maybe the black powder section will get a serious boost in traffic.
Or well all ignore the permit, be criminals together, and get along with our lives

This is something I thought of the other day. While I'm pissed about everything else, the one thing that's always held me up from getting into black powder is there was always something else to buy first. Now there's nothing, so I got no excuses.

We'll all be trading parts, 80%s and optics I guess.

I wouldn't be surprised if buzz words pop up to say what's actually being sold while maintaining plausible deniability. Black markets always form around this kind of thing one way or another.

It should be added that I'm only stating such things MIGHT happen, not that I suggest participating in them

Last Edited:

I wouldn't be surprised if buzz words pop up to say what's actually being sold while maintaining plausible deniability. Black markets always form around this kind of thing one way or another.
So your saying the classified will become a swinger club lol

Get a tattoo of an Ace of spades to show you'll sell regardless......

While I cannot saw what will happen to our classified sections...
Nor will I go online and say how I would buy and sell if 114 or a law like it should be put into place in Washington....

I would however be happy to answer questions and help with the various nuances of muzzle loading firearms.
Andy

Last Edited:
This is something I thought of the other day. While I'm pissed about everything else, the one thing that's always held me up from getting into black powder is there was always something else to buy first. Now there's nothing, so I got no excuses.
Percussion caps might hold you back. They are scarce and as expensive as primers, if you can find them.

So since the topic was brought up....

A flintlock can work well in the rain if.....
The lock is timed and tuned ....
You have a good sharp flint...
And your vent hole is clear.

As for 4F powder...
You can use it...but a good , well made flintlock...will work with 3F or even 2F in the pan.
4F is a 20 century invention and dare I say crutch....it wasn't used when flintlocks were the only firearms.

Sorry for the tread drift.
Andy

So since the topic was brought up....

A flintlock can work well in the rain if.....
The lock is timed and tuned ....
You have a good sharp flint...
And your vent hole is clear.

As for 4F powder...
You can use it...but a good , well made flintlock...will work with 3F or even 2F in the pan.
4F is a 20 century invention and dare I say crutch....it wasn't used when flintlocks were the only firearms.

Sorry for the tread drift.
Andy
Good info for a novice flintlock shooter. Never had one. Ever saw the need. More about the want and function for me.

"All skill is in vain when an angel pees in the touch hole of you musket" :eek:

Leave it to the Germans to have a old folk saying which has an angel , pee and a musket...:D
Andy
Edit to add...
Again...sorry for the thread drift.

Last Edited:

It should be added that I'm only stating such things MIGHT happen, not that I suggest participating in them
"Pre-SB941 parts for sale..." :cool:

I have a black powder sig226 for sale :s0140:

Percussion caps might hold you back. They are scarce and as expensive as primers, if you can find them.
Percussion caps?
I loaded up on flints, at the last big Rock'em and Stock'em, sale.
Contrary to the way the phrase is usually used, "A flash in the pan", may prove to be the wave of the future.

😳😳
Best,
Gary

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads