JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only people who are in perfect condition are those who do it every day. I know that's not me, I fully realize walking 5 miles with a full load is about how far you will move in a day, even on a good trail. Lots of people make huge assumptions about their capabilities that never bear out because they've never tried. This is why it's important to try often and frequently.

I don't think the gestapo were "just following orders" it seems pretty clear that they enjoyed the work.

I know I'm going to sound all hippy when I say this... but you gotta remember man, it's all a cycle, one big wheel, the death of one brings life to others man.

This is why we all have to be wary of governmental power. DHS was started under a republican, and was largely given a pass on it, along with much of the surveillance state apparatus we currently rail against, it wasn't until a democrat took over that the rest of us realized just how bad it could be.

Conservatives and liberals play this game, where government is given new powers, oversteps it's bounds and is ignored by the party that's in power while the other cries foul. For the rest of us out here in real-world land, it means the government is always getting bigger, more powerful, and more intrusive into our every day lives. Really, the only solution that will make the rest of us happy is to have government take it's boot off our necks, in the mean time the power-brokers in washington dc quibble over who will be in power after the next election.

I'm reading J. Delarue's The Gestapo, it's like reading future history, it was invented under the guise of Homeland Security in the following years it established a domestic secret police that started with land lords and school kids and ended in a gargantuan machine filled with millions of index cards in Berlin.
Secret arrests w/o warrant, torture, death camps, murder, all legal under Hitler's Security Act. Anyone who disagreed was hunted down, even outside Germany, and murdered.
Those who knew the secrets of Hitler's past, murdered.
Very reminiscent of today's situation.

That is not unique to hitler, it's a pattern that repeats over and over again throughout history, goes back thousands of years, it was the order of the day in imperial rome, greece and egypt. Despite the fact that history starts to get a little thin, I have little doubt it occurred as soon as human societies developed a level of sophistication where secrets needed to be kept.

One less "marauder" to worry about in the future....

Man on ‘Doomsday Preppers' arrested on weapons charges

During a November 2013 episode of the National Geographic Channel TV show "Doomsday Preppers," Tyler Smith described his plans to commit armed robbery and was filmed loading and firing two rifles on his property in Buckley, Pierce County.

Though he may claim he was preparing for doomsday, there was one problem: Smith, 26, is a convicted felon, which makes him ineligible to possess firearms.

He was arrested Wednesday and booked on two counts of second-degree unlawful possession of a firearm, according to the Pierce County Sheriff's Department.

"His stated plan was not to defend himself but to use weapons he illegally possessed, to rob his neighbors at gunpoint," Sheriff Paul Pastor said in a news release. "Did he really think that this wouldn't attract our attention?"

Religion/faith is a tabu subject here, so since it has been touted it is time to balance the scales.

Sorry we live in Galaxy of BILLIONS of solar systems. Over 4,000 highly probable Earth-like planets already have been found.

Our Galaxy is just one of many BILLIONS of other galaxies within an expanding Universe. Earth isn't just a grain of sand on some beach. Cut up that grain of sand into a billion smaller pieces on that beach and that would be a start.

To believe this speck and its proud and violent inhabitants are some really special creations is laughable. No one 'out there' thinks of us as some treasure to be fawned over.

The current Santa story has been repeated many times throughout history, same guy, same story, just different names. The Universes many other inhabitants - and to believe there are not others is lunacy - may or not not have their own geographically assigned Santa also.

To believe there is a 'Big Guy' in the sky when cares about the skirmishes of this ape race of malevolent humanoids is just insanity. We are the center of nothing, and are definitely not some Santa's pride and joy.

There may actually be a master entity or creator, but he really doesn't care about you or will be there to hold your hand when SHTF begins. He/it didn't see this speck and its backward, ignorant inhabitants and say 'wow, I am going to make these guys my showpiece!' Santa just doesn't really see or care about anything we do. He definitely doesn't care if we score the winning goal.

Please let's leave the delusion out of it. The only person you can depend on is you. If you must believe it some super hero as a crutch, fine. Just don't integrate it into a real survival plan.

Burt that would make sense to people who haven't experienced real miracles like my lady and I have..

But I always believed that the Main Man helps those who help themselves

1. Safety in numbers.
2. Community. With a dispersed community, you can identify threats when they roll into town. Strangers unwelcomed, especially when they look like mercenaries and thugs.
3. Being on the move requires massive resources, and you're vulnerable 100% of the time.
4. It's easier to hold land, than take it.
5. Easier to stockpile in a fixed location, and have a garden, medical area, food and weapons areas, and dig in, than to maintain a supply line. Lifespan of being on the move will likely be cut very short. Key to survival would be a base of operations with fresh water, food sources, garden, supplies, defensive measures, and a variety of people with skills.
6. Marauders will need vehicles. They are unlikely to roam the landscape on foot and be effective at fighting and looting. So... If you put scouts out on the roads 5-10 miles out, with ham radios, you will be prepared for the strangers that are coming into town. You can then either decided to attack them and take the initiative, or set up your defenses. Consider this. A team of 2 people with rifles and dirtbikes, in an ambush position on the roads 10 miles out, will easily identify threats from harmless people. That group of 10 men with gang symbols, and more guns/ammo than water/food, is an immediate threat. Your 2 guys unload on the marauders, hit and run style. One takes out vehicles with .308 shots to the engines, the other does mag dumps into any gunners and then the clusters of men, wounding as many as possible.

Your ambushers use initiative to fire off 1 magazine volley, and then hop on dirt bikes and escape. Hit and run, leaving dead and wounded in disabled vehicles. Figure, 2 sentries armed with an FAL and an AR15, could easily disable/kill most of a group of 10 men in two SUVs. Acting with surprise and simultaneously, guy with the FAL fires 4 rounds into the engine block of vehicle 1. That takes about 2 seconds and disables vehicle 1 on the spot. Guy with AR15 focuses on both vehicles, targeting and disabling any active gunners. FAL guy then repeats disabling vehicle 2 with 4 engine block shots. AR15 and FAL guy then empty their magazines into the human targets in both vehicles, and assess. They could easily disable both vehicles and kill/injury more than 50-75% of the marauders in under 10 seconds, and before the marauders can effectively respond. Ambushers can then either enter sustained fight, and finish the job, or flee on dirtbikes.

Wounds would disable them, and cause slow painful deaths. Survivors would report back that you're too well armed to be worth the risks. Vehicles abandoned with supplies they can't carry out. Vehicles could be stripped for parts. Dead bodies left as a warning.

Or, you could rally your fighting force, and go meet them at that location to finish the survivors and take their supplies of guns and ammo. Like the Vietcong understood, if you kill all of them that they send, soon they will stop sending people. You have to beat the marauders at their own guerilla warfare game.

Note, it's unlikely that they will have vehicles with armor that a .308 will fail to defeat. However, if they had military vehicles you would have to adjust your plan. Perhaps you'd need a .50 BMG to get through the windshields and engine block.

One less "marauder" to worry about in the future....

Man on ‘Doomsday Preppers’ arrested on weapons charges

Mr. Tyler Richard Smith is indeed, the Buckley Village idiot. Enclosed- I hope you can read it- is the Pierce County Court Docket concerning this idiot. This guy has now made himself such an idiot that in case something does go bad he'd be better off wearing a bright flourcent orange safety vest with a series of black and white circles on it with a red bull's-eye. Tyler Smith the village idiot01232014_0000.jpg

Tyler Smith the village idiot01232014_0000.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top