JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hard to burn down re-enforced concrete after you've used up all your heavy stuff over a 1500 mile invasion path, North

Logistics and supply chain are going to be a huge limiting factor in those roving bands. You can only move as fast as your fuel, food and other supplies last. If you can only have what you steal, then your tactical abilities are going to be restricted. 3 people on the high ground with suitable weapons, high powered rifles can thin those roving bands out real fast. I am not talking about 200 meter shots either. Reach out and touch them at 600 plus meters. Take the vehicles out inside that range.

As Taku stated, train to be a ghost. A 7.62 round from 750 yards or more will impact its target before the bad guy ever hears or sees it coming. Take a few shots, then move to a new final firing position.....so on and so on, until all that's left are guys running away in fear or bodies stacked like cordwood.

They become absolutely meek when the ones on each side, of them, heads explode.

Gut shoot them! All that screaming is bad for their moral and good for yours!

I wish I could take credit for that thought and phraseology because I like the idea, it is,however, not mine.

As Taku stated, train to be a ghost. A 7.62 round from 750 yards or more will impact its target before the bad guy ever hears or sees it coming. Take a few shots, then move to a new final firing position.....so on and so on, until all that's left are guys running away in fear or bodies stacked like cordwood.

Good way to psychologically terrorize your enemy as well. Just depends on the terrain though. City or suburban living doesn't always leave you with long shots or high ground. If I climbed up on my roof right now, I'd be lucky to have clear shooting lanes that go out past 100 yards.

Good way to psychologically terrorize your enemy as well. Just depends on the terrain though. City or suburban living doesn't always leave you with long shots or high ground. If I climbed up on my roof right now, I'd be lucky to have clear shooting lanes that go out past 100 yards.

I "liked" the post, but the subject matter sucks! I'm in the same predicament. I sometimes have to smile at myself because I live in the city and own an M-1A National Match and am capable of using it to its MER. Shaking my own head!

I "liked" the post, but the subject matter sucks! I'm in the same predicament. I sometimes have to smile at myself because I live in the city and own an M-1A National Match and am capable of using it to its MER. Shaking my own head!

M1A is a great rifle. Accurate, not all that heavy, not too long or cumbersome, able to zap something a long ways out, plenty of knock down power. I miss having one.

My "reach out and touch someone" urban rifle is a 16" barreled Noveske N6 7.62x51 with a Trijicon TR24G 1-4 power optic on it. In the suburban hell of Tacoma, that's perfect. I've hunted with it and walked 10-15 miles at a time with it and wasn't bothered by it's weight. Got plenty of 20 round mags and a couple 25 rounders. If I lived in a more rural area or the East side of the state, I'd probably want something with a bit more magnification.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top