JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I read the article, and although I believe there should be additional resources for mental health, I think it is unrelated. I also do not believe that mental health is the source of "the problem". If you even want to call it a problem.

The death of 20 First Graders is terrible. I have two small kids of my own, and I can't imagine what it must be like for those parents.

But these mass shootings are not a mental health thing. If you look at the 62 reported mass shootings in the last 30 years, most of them are people responding to coworkers, or a jilted lover, or something along those lines. But even aside from that... humans have been doing horrible things to other humans since the beginning of time. Even today.. people are doing horrific things to kids every day of the week.

It's not a "New" problem, it's not the result of lack of mental health care. Human beings are just a violent species, and the only way to prevent violent things from happening to yourself is to be as prepared as you can be. Teach your children well, make smart decisions and be as prepared as you can for the worst.

Yeah, and the other side is.....dancing in the .....

Anti-gunners push ‘wish list’ agenda over Newtown

Gun prohibitionists across the country and at all levels have evidently decided to push their full agenda in the wake of the Sandy Hook Elementary tragedy, and no better look at the strategy can be found at Crosscut, where former Seattle City Councilwoman Tina Podlodowski offers suggestions.

<broken link removed>

I heard a radio show about this a couple years ago. The mom was talking the same way about her son Bruce. They would have to literally fight this kid some times and he was 6'4 and 250 at about 16 years.
Fun stuff. The would tell their friends the bruises on their arms were "bruces" from trying to get him to do anything,if he didn't want to.

They went on to talk about taking him to an Autistic home. Thing was,the people that ran the home were professionals who knew how to deal with these kids. They didn't have to try to run a family with a part time monster in the house.
When they left the place,the mom said "This must be what getting out of prison feels like" The older brother,who was half his sibling's size was pissed at first. But he did like being able to study without Bruce jumping on him and getting mad if he couldn't play.Real mad BTW.
Then they went back to visit. It was the calmest they had ever seen him.

It's hard to do,send your child off like that. But it may be the best thing for everyone involved.

I read the article, and although I believe there should be additional resources for mental health, I think it is unrelated. I also do not believe that mental health is the source of "the problem". If you even want to call it a problem.

The death of 20 First Graders is terrible. I have two small kids of my own, and I can't imagine what it must be like for those parents.

But these mass shootings are not a mental health thing. If you look at the 62 reported mass shootings in the last 30 years, most of them are people responding to coworkers, or a jilted lover, or something along those lines. But even aside from that... humans have been doing horrible things to other humans since the beginning of time. Even today.. people are doing horrific things to kids every day of the week.

It's not a "New" problem, it's not the result of lack of mental health care. Human beings are just a violent species, and the only way to prevent violent things from happening to yourself is to be as prepared as you can be. Teach your children well, make smart decisions and be as prepared as you can for the worst.

If what you are saying were true, even I'd have to join the call for more anti-gun legislation. I don't think that's really where you want to go.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top