JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the summer of '85, that first purchase was a brand, spanking new Browning Hi-Power, polished blue and walnut grips, for the handsome of $449.95…. :D

Yup, she slipped through my fingers and departed many, many years ago…. :eek:
That would be about $1220 today.
If you're interested, this one seems pretty nice. Same grips as your old one?
Its FN, though, not "Browning", so there's that.
Can't argue with the price....Check it -> https://www.gunbroker.com/item/936212977

Very nice looking! I'd bid on it myself if I didnt have my own :s0010:
I was thinking about it myself, them I saw nammac lamenting on his first purchase, so I thought I'd make him aware of it, in case he was interested in getting something similar back.
I don't recall, though....what's an "E series", in comparison to a regular ol' Hi Power?

After hunting out of the "family pool" (lever 30-30 and 308) for years, my first very own baby was a Winchester model 70 in 30-06. To this day... every big game animal I've taken has been with that rifle. I've been tempted to try something else, but we have such a long history the guilt would tear me up if I ever cheated on her.

I was thinking about it myself, them I saw nammac lamenting on his first purchase, so I thought I'd make him aware of it, in case he was interested in getting something similar back.
I don't recall, though....what's an "E series", in comparison to a regular ol' Hi Power?
Best info I have is the "E" series were/are Israeli-surplus, sold on the American market after being retired from Israeli service. It would be a "snag" for a collector...

Hmm, not sure if mine is an E series or similar, is that marked somewhere, I think mine is better condition but Sam's holster.

DeanMk go for it. If I were to ever replace the Hi-Power it would have to be an exact replacement, replete with spur hammer and would need to be in near mint condition.

Revolvers once again seem to have my attention. Maybe because I don't need to chase brass :D

Hopefully, my next purchase.
I have a G-20 and G29, but my favorite all around 10 MM is my 5.25 XDM10. tiny bit more barrel, way better sights, and I can grip it better. My wife has absconded with both my XDM10's, so she likes them too.

Her first Gun was/is a Lionheart LH9, and her first purchase was a S&W SD9 VE, she loved the ergonomics and controls, hated the trigger. at the time there was no replacement trigger available (There are some good ones now) and so she looked at Glocks, gen 3 & 4, G-19 and G-17, she choose a Gen 4 G-17, Still her go to for gun courses. Lately while telling me to 'Buy no more' she has been expanding her inventory by raiding my inventory.

1st firearm I bought - Was USAF Security Police, Aug 67 - Aug 71. In Sept 71 got a job with a private security patrol service working Berkeley, Emeryville,
Oakland, Piedmont and Alameda, CA. Was issued a company owned revolver, Rohn, 38 Spcl and eighteen 38 cal short rounds. Told not to use anything bigger. Went to Hogan's Guns/Sports and bought a S&W Mdl 15, 38 Spcl, Combat Masterpiece, 4" bbl.

My first hand gun was also my worst. It was not fun to shoot, it hurt my hand and it was ugly. Why would you do that you may ask? Simple, it was cheap. It was the Kel-tec PF 9, man talk about buyers remorse.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top