JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Cz P-01. It was in the OD green cause the gun owner covinced me it was super special. I was young and dumb then but it would love to have that gun back or at least another p-01 if can find one in stock around here.

Last Edited:
Walther P22 'limited edition'

Came with both the 3.4" and 5" barrels.

Though it no longer says limited edition on it since the slide broke and was replaced years back.

The first gun I bought as an adult (not counting my .22 Mossie rifle and 12 ga shotgun purchased when I was 12-13) was a Spanish M43 8mm Mauser. K-Mart in Grand Rapids was having a sale on them, $29.95 out the door..
Mine had some pitting beneath the wood-line so I stripped it and reblued it. The bore is clean. I "sporterised" the wood; it now stands in a corner with Russian-capture K98k wood on it. The Fajen wood I got years ago for it sits on another much nicer Mauser.
Havent fired it in years and I can't believe that Im still carrying that gun around! My thought is if burglars make a pass thru my house they would take the available guns and not dig around for the valuable ones...

My thought is if burglars make a pass thru my house they would take the available guns and not dig around for the valuable ones...
That's not a bad idea!
"Pretty up" a bunch of $99 Mosin's and set them out....in the corner ( ;) ).
Meanwhile, The plain looking Kleingunther's and Colt's stay safe in the cabnet.

...that's usin' the ol' noggin! :s0155:

Dean

As I recall, the first I ever bought all by myself (as opposed to a gift or a loaner) was a single-shot, break-action in 12-Gauge. I think it was an H&R. It was purchased from a small, family-run True Value store (Utzingers Hardware). I had just turned 18 years old and I had saved up funds from working at Fred Meyer and various other jobs, so I figured I could invest in shotgun that cost less than a C-note. It's long gone now, of course. I think I traded it and a Spanish Mauser off for a pump-action 12-gauge in my early 20s.

Husqvarna 30-06 (light weight) I bought the barreled action through the Rod & Gun Club on base, ($49.00) and had it stocked to fit me by a German Gun Smith. Then, I had him install a 6x42 Hensoldt scope with quick detachable Jager mounts. It was a, veritable "Death Ray". :)
*Note the rifle was later stolen in the '70's from the person I sold it to and the thief wasn't smart enough to take the scope which was hanging alongside in its case. :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
download.jpeg-22.jpg

I'm a bit fuzzy on #1. I lived in Newport at the time. I had some sentimental hand-me-downs but the H&K USP 45 V1 was calling out my name. I grabbed that at Three Bears in Portland and a used 870 Wingmaster at the (now out of business) sporting goods store on the corner of 101 & Hurbert in Zooport. I'm leaning more towards the 870 as being my first purchase.

In the summer of '85, that first purchase was a brand, spanking new Browning Hi-Power, polished blue and walnut grips, for the handsome of $449.95…. :D

Yup, she slipped through my fingers and departed many, many years ago…. :eek:

A 90% mdl 1909 Argy Mauser rifle for $49.00 & an 1891 Argy Engineer Carbine for $39.00 at Andy & Bax...

And Thus began the Adventure Journey into MilsurpVille..😁😁😎😎

1st at a Gun show was a Mdl 1891 Mosin Nagant made in 1915 by New England Westinghouse w/ the Original Imperial Proofs + the Commie Hammer & Cycle And the SA Finn Property Stamp...

Plus the re-import marks, hence a record of some of it's journeys on it's Bbl...😁😎

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads