JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After recovering from my "hippy" period, I realized in 1977 when my "Lady" moved in with me in my house in the woods that I wanted some home protection. "When seconds count, the deputies are only minutes away." At least thirty minutes away in our case. So I steeled myself to frequent the Devil's Dens where Hippies fear to tread: gunshops.

Of course everyone tried to sell me only Colt 1911s, since their profit margin was highest, and anything else meant that I was a Communist and had a small penis. As a matter of fact, I WAS a Communist AND had a small penis! And I wanted a simple, easy to use weapon that my Lady could learn to use.

It was a beautiful High Standard Sentinal Mark III nine-shot twenty-two magnum revolver. It had lovely smooth wooden grips that slid perfectly into position in the hand, and a perfectly blued finish. It was a really tight, sound gun, and came with an extra 22 long rifle cylinder. It was accurate and it was cheap; and that is why High Standard went out of business---not enough profit margin for the quality put in.

As so often heard, I wish I still had that one................elsullo :(

1976, Colt Trooper MKIII 6inch. Just a bit smaller than an N frame Smith. Handloaded for it with a Lee "whack it with a mallet" loader several months until I could get a press and the rest of it. Took all week to load 100 rounds and tended to shoot it all up every weekend.
I kept it a couple years until shortly after the day I found out about the muzzle-up pressure spike thing while trying to knock a critter out of a tree with it. Stung my hand and swelled one of the chambers to the point that anything more than a 38 special load required the mallet to punch it out. Put it up on consignment (with disclosure!) and bought a Series 70 GM. Been meaning to get another .357 in a Smith ever since. (never liked the anemic Colt ejector rods)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top