JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ive got one that just looked too stinkin cool/big/sturdy to not buy. Esee Junglas in Venom green. $180 or so (I'm not a knife guy so thats alot for me). Killer for wood processing and backwoods carpentry. Long enough to cut medium logs lengthwise by batoning, thick enough to chop, and long enough to clear brush like a machete. It has replaced my hatchet for hiking. Big confidence booster in dangerous critter country. I feel like if I ever got jumped by a cougar/bear, I wouldn't have enough dextirity to draw and shoot my revolver in a scuffle, but this one I could. Would buy again in a heartbeat. When not in the woods, its on my nightstand.

Screenshot_20220907-205802_Chrome.jpg 20220907_204851.jpg

Ive got one that just looked too stinkin cool/big/sturdy to not buy. Esee Junglas in Venom green. $180 or so (I'm not a knife guy so thats alot for me). Killer for wood processing and backwoods carpentry. Long enough to cut medium logs lengthwise by batoning, thick enough to chop, and long enough to clear brush like a machete. It has replaced my hatchet for hiking. Big confidence booster in dangerous critter country. I feel like if I ever got jumped by a cougar/bear, I wouldn't have enough dextirity to draw and shoot my revolver in a scuffle, but this one I could. Would buy again in a heartbeat. When not in the woods, its on my nightstand.

View attachment 1272834 View attachment 1272835
I read about these knives on another forum.

Many people are VERY happy with their purchases!

I have not had a chance to see one other than online so far.

Thanks for sharing.

Cate
PS: We keep a knife on each side of our bed too.

I have a buddy who makes knives and is very well versed in them and has collected many over the years as well as his dad has given him many from his collection.

I'd easily bet not even his most expensive knife is worth more then my entire 'collection' lol.

I think the most expensive knife I currently own is an Esse 6 which hasn't had much use but I'm not sorry I bought it and love my Esse 3 which has seen a lot of use.

I leave folders all over the house and obviously keep a few by the bed cuz my carry side is the one that is underneath me when I lay down on the couch.

The only knife I have sold was a Nepalese custom kukuri with micarta handles and if the handle wasn't 1/2" to small for my hand I wouldn't have sold it either. I liked it so much it took me a few years to sell it (bought used - didn't take much of a hit on it) but I REALLY wanted it to work.

Knives are like guns for me, unless it is something I will NEVER touch and has zero sentimental value I don't get rid of them.

Ok, I sold a bunch of guns once but have tried to never be in that position again.

Somewhere in an undisclosed Central American jungle lies the rusted remains of a once magnificent Mk-1 that slipped off my LBE (sheath and all) while creeping in the dark…. I should've run a 550 cord lanyard through the pommel hole, but NOOOOooooo….

:s0054:

:s0058:
Somewhere sailing the four seas is my favorite pocket knife, a Case medium Stockman - no stainless BS. I could sharpen it and it would hold an edge forever and still shave with it. I don't remember the type of steel, but I had to keep it oiled.

It is sitting somewhere in the bilge near the number 3A reactor on the USS Enterprise. I looked for it for weeks and had the Navy Reactor Operators looking too.

I loved that knife and had it for almost 10 years until 1978.

I read about these knives on another forum.

Many people are VERY happy with their purchases!

I have not had a chance to see one other than online so far.

Thanks for sharing.

Cate
PS: We keep a knife on each side of our bed too.
No worries! I definitely am not a knife expert, but I do work with steel often, and its a fantastic tool. The only reason I took the photo above is because I was blown away that the blade was still 100% straight after batoning/beating the heck out of it to split this wood (only dry wood around). The knife flexed 15-20 around degrees around a knot on the way down. (3/16" thick steel) I was sure it was ruined so I just forced it past anyways. Came out and rebounded back to the original shape. Their 100% no questions asked return policy, and that they are built in Idaho, is what sold me. My only beef is that a little powdercoat rubs off on my food when im using it as a cook knife, but im mot too worried about that.

Last Edited:
Not a knife guy, but this thread got me looking. And lots of good info.

Randall Knives - 5 to 6 year wait.

... speechless...
Try Nordic Knives They can get Randalls in with only a 4-6 month wait.
https://nordicknives.com/pages/randall-knives-special-orders

Look at Blackjack knives. They're pretty good and have a few Randall-like knives for way less.
I have one of their Model 14 copies and it's a decent replica, but it is not a Randall
If you want a Randall, spend the time, spend the money and get the real deal.

No worries! I definitely am not a knife expert, but I do work with steel often, and its a fantastic tool. The only reason I took the photo above is because I was blown away that the blade was still 100% straight after batoning/beating the heck out of it to split this wood (only dry wood around). The knife flexed 15-20 around degrees around a knot on the way down. (3/16" thick steel) I was sure it was ruined so I just forced it past anyways. Came out and rebounded back to the original shape. Their 100% no questions asked return policy, and that they are built in Idaho, is what sold me. My only beef is that a little powdercoat rubs off on my food when im using it as a cook knife, but im mot too worried about that.
Read the fine print…

That particular model is made in South America and exempt from the warranty they have on their other knives.

Unless something has changed - huge Esse fan and have eyeballed that for quite awhile.

Read the fine print…

That particular model is made in South America and exempt from the warranty they have on their other knives.

Unless something has changed - huge Esse fan and have eyeballed that for quite awhile.
I don't think your statment is correct:

"After spending some time in Colombia with the Colombian Jungla Special Operations Forces (Compañía Jungla Antinarcóticos), the owners of ESEE decided to design a knife after the program. The Junglas knife (pronounced "Hoonglas") now sees service worldwide with adventurers in tropical locales and with anti-narcotics forces, both domestically and overseas. The knife is designed to have the strength and rigidity of a fixed blade knife while maintaining the cutting efficiency of a machete."

That also wouldn't make sense, especially for production of full tang knives. They buy full sheets of the steel, use a fancy laser machine to cut the shapes out, then profile/finish them by hand. Esentially the full tang knives, especially of the same thickness and metal type, are really just different shapes of the same steel sheet. No sense in having a duplicate of all that macinery in a different country either (at least not at their buisness size). But there are definitely a few folders that they don't make, I did see that on the warrenty page.

Last Edited:
Somewhere sailing the four seas is my favorite pocket knife, a Case medium Stockman - no stainless BS. I could sharpen it and it would hold an edge forever and still shave with it. I don't remember the type of steel, but I had to keep it oiled.

It is sitting somewhere in the bilge near the number 3A reactor on the USS Enterprise. I looked for it for weeks and had the Navy Reactor Operators looking too.

I loved that knife and had it for almost 10 years until 1978.
Laughing at the fact that during SRA on my Fast Boat, we found so much stuff in the bilges that were worth cleaning up and using. Of course, we made sure the radiacs had negligible readings on them before putting into our pockets.

Never could find the feeder for the shaft seals 🦭 ... I bet those M-Div folks were lying.

My EDC while in uniform included the Camillus Marlin Spike knife, 6" Cresent Wrench and a Tweeker (used for guage adjustment)

I don't think your statment is correct:

"After spending some time in Colombia with the Colombian Jungla Special Operations Forces (Compañía Jungla Antinarcóticos), the owners of ESEE decided to design a knife after the program. The Junglas knife (pronounced "Hoonglas") now sees service worldwide with adventurers in tropical locales and with anti-narcotics forces, both domestically and overseas. The knife is designed to have the strength and rigidity of a fixed blade knife while maintaining the cutting efficiency of a machete."

That also wouldn't make sense, especially for production of full tang knives. They buy full sheets of the steel, use a fancy laser machine to cut the shapes out, then profile/finish them by hand. Esentially the full tang knives, especially of the same thickness and metal type, are really just different shapes of the same steel sheet. No sense in having a duplicate of all that macinery in a different country either (at least not at their buisness size). But there are definitely a few folders that they don't make, I did see that on the warrenty page.
You are right.

When I was looking at them years ago they mentioned that knife was not warrantied for some reason, I thought it was assembled out of country but they apparently changed that.

That was the one thing keeping me from buying one.

Although a friend has a 9" tops anaconda he's willing to sell for a song so I may go that way when I am in the buying phase again.

View attachment 1272834 View attachment 1272835
Junglas- great choice!

Because of this thread, I looked at the Esee website and found a dealer locally who just so happens to have a retirement sale going on. I was able to get an Esee-4 for what I think was a pretty good price. Nice knife.

I sold a Strider that I used and had for years for 5X what I paid.
Damn. Didn't realize that sort of market existed. Or maybe I sort of knew, but just didn't realize to what extent. Is there a culture like with gun collectors? Forums, shows, events, competitions? Or is it a smaller culture, you know if you know, type thing?

Damn. Didn't realize that sort of market existed. Or maybe I sort of knew, but just didn't realize to what extent. Is there a culture like with gun collectors? Forums, shows, events, competitions? Or is it a smaller culture, you know if you know, type thing?
Knife culture is bigger than gun culture, mainly due to it being an international phenomenon. You've never been to bladeforums.com?

more so I think knives are legal in most countries unlike guns also buying and selling is easy. There are many Knife show all over the USA and world that many people travel for. For me I use my knives every day so I can handle it and enjoy it. The gun is there to make sure I make it home to my wife and daughter.

Knife culture is bigger than gun culture, mainly due to it being an international phenomenon. You've never been to bladeforums.com?
I'll have to check it out.

What's driving the movement? Is it the internet? Or is it a long-standing culture of folks buying and selling "deemed" collectible knives.

I understand the gun realm because I've been in it forever. I know nothing about the knife realm.

Are companies marketing via social media?

I guess I'm having a hard time understanding the value and how they are established? With guns it's many things. Uniqueness, no longer made, extremely high quality. But all levels get enthusiastic users that shoot them. With knives I'm curious if there are cutting competitions? Throwing competitions? What is driving folks to buy these expensive knives? How much better is a $4000 knife over a $50? I've seen $4000 guns against $200 guns and that entirely makes sense to me, but a knife…!?!?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top