JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, been itching to build an ar pistol after trying out a friend's. More for fun, and maybe a nightstand/trunk gun. Palmetto has these three uppers in varying lengths, all at $399.

What do you guys think? I'm a little partial to the shorter ones as I like that compact look, but I'd like to hear your opinions!

4_inch_zpsmf5yw1rs.jpg

7_inch_zpss3yzkdnh.jpg

10_inch_zps4lqyevxf.jpg

10_inch_zps4lqyevxf.jpg

I just completed mine and went with an 8.5 but my intention was a 7.5 but could not find a barrel at the time I wanted it.

My logic was if I wanted a short barrel then my Glock 17 all ready fits the bill and if I am going to a 10 inch or longer then I should just do a 5.56.

I built my upper with a standard AR upper, Faxon barrel and a Faxon 9 inch hand guard with a KAK flash can on the end.

I did a Frontier armory lower and they make them for PSA from what I understand but they are not the same design. See vid below.

Most of the problem with the PSA set up seems to be that they use a STD carbine buffer and spring in their kits and when folks change them out with the heaver 9mm parts most of the problems seem to go away.

I have heard that some have had tight mag wells as well.

I have never heard of issues with their complete uppers in doing my research.

Have fun with the project.

AR 9mm Glock Lowers

my completed project
AR9.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback, I'm leaning more towards the 7.5 as well. Might try to find a shorter muzzle device as that KAK one sticks out a bit too far for my liking.

They do make a shorter one. in both 1/2-36 and 1/2-28 thread depending on your barrel that is 1.75 long instead of 3.25 like the one I have. I may order the shorter the next time I need parts as I did debate on what way to go. Its a good excuse to build another one so I can compare with out changing it out.

Edit: remember that my barrel is 8.5 so it pushes the flash can out an inch further than your 7.5 would be.

KAK INDUSTRY MICRO 1/2-28

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads