JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just a fun thread....take no offense. Regardless of what kind of owner you are, I wish you all a happy and prosperous new year! Hopefully, we can put any of our differences aside and combine forces as we work together to protect our rights as Americans and gun owners this upcoming year.

regards, simon99

1. The shot gunners - Loves to shoot clays and skeet, not into other guns. Enjoys fine cigars and single malt scotch. Only shoots at the range.
2. The hunters - Elk, deer, moose, geese, ducks. Usually seen with semi-auto or pump shotguns, bolt or lever action rifles.
3. The Black Powder shooter - Who the heck needs this new technology anyway?
4. The limited set - Believes that its ok to have a gun for home defense, but no one should need or carry a weapon on their person. Magazine capacities are ok and assault rifles are weapons of war. Sniper rifles are evil. Plus, they really don’t look politically correct in the back of my Prius when I stop to get my double venti non-fat soy carmel macchiato at Starbucks after yoga.
5. The licensed set - Believes most common guns are ok but they and their owners should be licensed. Background checks and registration are probably good, common sense measures.
6. The Elites - Believes that only they posses the right to own guns. I’m super wealthy so I need protection from all theses crazy, everyday commoners. Bloomberg anyone?
7. The professionals - I’m a cop, or was a cop. I serve/served in the military and have carried a weapon since my first day on the job and will continue to do so. Its just another tool in my toolbox. I can kill a man from a different zip code if need be.
8. The almost - Almost like the limited’s except they allow CCW, but who needs a 50BMG? And AK’s are kind of scary looking…
9. The safety nets - All guns are fine, CCW is ok, but you had better lock them up or you are a criminal. No PTSD allowed…
10. The Patriots - What part of the word infringed don’t you understand? There is no such thing as a civilian assault weapon. Heck, I believe civilians should own assault weapons if they want. Full auto is fun, just too expensive. Do I carry everyday? Please, I’m wearing my Glock as I type this…

Feel free to add other descriptions as needed...

11. The Lottery Player - Current collection will fluctuate up and down for the rest of my days, depending on what's fun/interesting/comfy. But if I hit the Powerball, I'll certainly end up with one of everything.

(And everyone at BATFE will have my SSN memorized.)

11. The Lottery Player - Current collection will fluctuate up and down for the rest of my days, depending on what's fun/interesting/comfy. But if I hit the Powerball, I'll certainly end up with one of everything.

(And everyone at BATFE will have my SSN memorized.)

I'm right there with you. If I hit the powerball, I'm having rail lines put in for easy delivery of all the lead I'm going to need to support my habit.

1. Not much of a range rat, my shotty is for home defense.
2. Used to hunt, but it is to hard to do alone anymore.
3. I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning.
4. This is B.S.
5. See #4
7. I'll take the 5th on this one.
8. See #4
9. Not a safety Nut, but a Personal responsibility Nut.
10. Exactly, but it is a Colt, Damn it!!
11. I'm with you on the Power Ball winning and buying a dozen of everything.

Thank you....

As Orwell stated,

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

I'm the type of gun owner that wants to know that when needed that symbol of Democracy is at hand. It's our job to see that it stays there.

All guns are OK and if we pass a background check we should be able to own full autos (feeding them is another story :cool: ) as long as we secure them. I lock up the guns that aren't on my person because if someone breaks into my home when I'm not there it'll take them a while to get into the safe with the alarm blaring and I only live a few blocks from the local cop shop!

...............................................................I do not own any guns...........................................................:s0131:

What kind of gun owner I am is really irrelevant to my understanding of the Second Amendment. I could have no guns at all, and/or never want any guns at all, and I would still feel this way (from a post I made in another thread):

My philosophy and plain language common sense common meaning understanding of the Second Amendment is that the it states that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

It doesn't say the right to own arms, it doesn't say the right to keep arms in a safe, it doesn't say the right to only carry arms openly and not concealed, it doesn't say the right to carry arms only in certain places, it doesn't say you need a license to carry either openly or concealed.

It says the "right to bear arms shall not be infringed".

"Bearing" something means to carry it. Having it on your person.

Therefore, concealed carry laws, open carry laws, laws that prevent you from carrying any public place you wish, violate the Second Amendment.

The only time you can infringe a right is when it infringes on another right.

I.E., your right to swing your fist around ends at my nose.

My right to "bear" an arm, ends when I point it at you when you have not threatened me.

And BTW - another important part of the Second Amendment almost everybody misunderstands is the "arms" part: it says "arms", it doesn't say firearms, it says "arms".

In the context of the amendment (militia, standing army, "security of a free state") this most logical, consistent, common interpretation is that "arms" means any military weapon, from military firearms of any type, to knives, to grenades, to cannon, to tanks, to anything that the current "standing army" uses as a weapon (I would personally exclude NBC weapons, but then I think they should be banned period such that no government, state, person can own them at all).

Therefore, preventing (infringing) civilians in any way from owning and *bearing* such *arms* violates the Second Amendment.

----------------------------------

I don't need to want to burn a US flag to understand that the act is protected by the First Amendment, and I don't need to own or shoot guns to understand the Second Amendment.

What kind you are doesn't matter as much to me as you actually showing up at rallies and the voting booth to vote ONLY for pro Constitutional candidates

I'll take #10 please!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top