JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a 2013 Toyota Tundra4x4 a few months ago. Double cab/long box and a great drive: close to perfect for what I need. Never considered Chevy/GM, but looked hard at Ford as I own an '04 Ranger. It's been a very good truck but back when I bought the Ranger(new), I looked at the Tacoma....thought it cost too much. Now at re-sale time, the Ford is waaay below the Toyota. I didn't pay any more than my friends' did when they bought a new Ford. Thinkin I've made a good choice, and it's Made in Texas...USA
Oh, it IS "only" a 1/2 ton, though the GVW @7300lbs is more than my 1210 3/4 ton 'harvester was.

Chevy if you like waiting in the cold for a tow truck , Ford if someone else is paying to chase the random electrical gremlins,Doge diesel if you want it to fall apart around you but keep running forever, and Toyota if you just want to be done with it and don't mind paying for the privilege.

Chevy if you like waiting in the cold for a tow truck , Ford if someone else is paying to chase the random electrical gremlins,Doge diesel if you want it to fall apart around you but keep running forever, and Toyota if you just want to be done with it and don't mind paying for the privilege.

Really depends on the intended usage. Toyotas make piss-poor work trucks.

This is my baby at the car show this last year.
67 F250 Ranger Camper Special , Auto 352 V8 PS PB
46,000 Original miles, original paint only mods are wheels, mirrors and steering wheel.
The rubber push bumpers were a factory option.
Sold in the same town I live in 1967

7535704044_843f0dc772.jpg

When trucks were trucks.

Very nice truck.

This is my baby at the car show this last year.
67 F250 Ranger Camper Special , Auto 352 V8 PS PB
46,000 Original miles, original paint only mods are wheels, mirrors and steering wheel.
The rubber push bumpers were a factory option.
Sold in the same town I live in 1967

7535704044_843f0dc772.jpg

When trucks were trucks.

Now that's what I'm talking about right there. It's perfect ! When trucks were trucks indeed...

So youre saying Chevys dont break down? Are you a chevy salesman? Im sure there is more than a few people that will tell you a Chevy will also break down.

Not a chevy salesman. Bought an 88 new and never had a problem with it until the kid got T-boned at 193K. Jan 2011, I purchased a new chevy truck and just crossed 40K on it, again with zero issues and It' pulled a trailer around the US when I retired in 2012.
Funny thing is, if ya do the scheduled maintenance I have never had a problem with a chevy...

I think I'd steer clear of the Eco Boost -- at least for now. A force-fed small displacement engine in a truck seems like a recipe for disaster to me. Maybe I'm wrong but I predict that most won't last to 120K miles without extremely rigorous maintenance. I'd give them a couple more years to prove themselves.
Politics aside, GM's powertrain is solid.
Dodge puts out a decent product.
Toyotas are GREAT.
I don't love Nissans.

FWIW, I've been pushing wrenches for over 20 years. None of the above are without issues. I've learned that most manufacturers have their strengths and weaknesses.

Been a mechanic for 25 + years, this post is right on the money!!!!!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top