JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a cheap, portable, easily stored shooting mat that will be resilient to weather, easy to clean, and comfortable enough on most terrains. I've tried carpet remnants, but they soak up rain/mud/etc and are become hard to clean. Rubber mats are easy to clean and won't soak up rain/mud/etc but are more expensive.

http://www.commercialmatsandrubber.com/c8/Survivor-Rolled-Rubber-Solid-Black-p808.html

Something like the above could work in a group buy. 4'x50'x1/4" for $545, then cut the roll into 8 parts (50'/8'=6.25' long), so 8 people can each get a 4'x6.25'x1/4" thick black rubber mat for $545/8=$68.125. Looks like there is a 8% off code of "firsttime8" for orders over $500, and free shipping, so $545*(1-0.08)=$501.40/8=$62.675 per person. Not bad for something that should last for a long time.

Or this: http://www.matdepot.com/products.cfm?objectgroup_id=11&CATID=2
1/4" Athletic Roll Flooring # FM40 4'x50'x1/4" black rubber mat for $360
$360/8=$45 per person to get a 4'x6.25'x1/4" thick black rubber mat

There are also yoga mats: Deluxe Yoga Mat # FM24 $19.88 each
24"x68"x3/16"=2'x5.6'x3/16" not as wide, long, or thick

If you do get some Shamwows just be mindful of your tongue!

Sorry Zombie I know this has no bearing on your question, and for that check out a camping pad. I was at Bi Mart the other day and they had them for about $20. They are just a piece of foam, so should keep you slightly padded and dry.

How about a tarp? then foam over it maybe if you need padding? Cheap, and it would collect your brass.

Foam soaks up rain too much, then you are laying on a sponge. I lay tarp down, but when the LSOs are walking behind you and around the area, they track mud onto the tarp, which eventually finds its way to your mat. So tarp+shooting mat that is water resistant and comfortable enough is a good solution. I think I'm going to purchase the $25 on sale mat above.

they sell shooting mats at Dillon Precision. Now where is that copy of the Blue Press........... (searching)

Here it is. www.dillonprecision.com Item # G39-18146 $65.00

Dimensions 66 inches long by 27 3/4 inches.

" Dillon's shooting mat is made of tough ballistic-weave nylon fabric, with a large skid-resistant elbow pad area. The "ground" side is moisture resistant and wipes clean easily. The padding is dense closed-cell foam to provide both shooter comfort and a stable shooting base. The mat is equipped with a shoulder strap, a carry handle and two straps with snap release buckles.

I have contemplated buying one soon.

Hope this helps!

I found them at Schuck's auto supply, amazingly inexpensive. I think HarborFreight Tools has them too. These are black, one-half inch closed-cell foam, rubber covered mats designed to pad shop floors. They come in a pack of six two-foot-square interlocking "tiles", sometimes with edging strips, giving you a four-by-six mat. These also make amazing soundproofing for walls! I lived in a cheap duplex and covered my entire bedroom wall--effectively!.....................elsullo :s0155:

I found them at Schuck's auto supply, amazingly inexpensive. I think HarborFreight Tools has them too. These are black, one-half inch closed-cell foam, rubber covered mats designed to pad shop floors. They come in a pack of six two-foot-square interlocking "tiles", sometimes with edging strips, giving you a four-by-six mat. These also make amazing soundproofing for walls! I lived in a cheap duplex and covered my entire bedroom wall--effectively!

Price? Have you tried laying prone on them for 1-2 hours?

Price? Have you tried laying prone on them for 1-2 hours?

I got them on sale about five years ago for six bucks a six- pack. Schucks is everywhere; see for yourself.

Regarding rubber truck bed mats: with any ageing these turn into carbon-rub-off delivery systems. Anything touching them gets covered with black "grease". These are eager to return to oil......................elsullo

The comments on MidwayUSA are accurate regarding thickness of padding, etc. but you can buy rubber pads to supplement this at the sources in this thread. The auto parts store solution sounds practical. I don't know yet if I will need additional padding, but will find out soon enough. The pad is compact when rolled up, easy to roll up and clean, and looks nice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top