JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went to BC area - idiot creek. Got a map app to explore offline. Past couple days been into 44.

then some stress relief with some mag dumps. Strange colt mag doesn't fit in wilson 223.

not sure of Wolf Creek other than Medford area.

Yesterday I cut firewood while tumbling brass. Today I'm stiff and sore, so I think it time for a range day. I've got 3 rifles with new scopes that need re-zeroing and a bunch of pistols that I haven't shot in a while. I suppose I could bring the chronograph along and make it a "work" day.

Yesterday I cut firewood while tumbling brass. Today I'm stiff and sore, so I think it time for a range day. I've got 3 rifles with new scopes that need re-zeroing and a bunch of pistols that I haven't shot in a while. I suppose I could bring the chronograph along and make it a "work" day.
Thanks for the reply. It's fun to get some new ideas. My buddy at the shop had some 44 ammo then for days I was into my S&W. Then I got interested in penetration - why 44 special wouldn't go through my target but 223 would. The initial surprise that the 44 didn't go through made it a fun day.

I've also been working on optics. The step by step process in satisfying - gets rid of other stress I am thinking about. I'd also like to make some new fun targets.

What rifle/optics you working on?

What rifle/optics you working on?
Well, a CV Arms 45-70 single shot, I need to zero my pet load to the Leupold M-8 6X scope, next is a Savage 110 in .270 now sporting a 3x9 Leupold. I took the M-8 off the Savage and put it on the 45-70. Lastly my CZ 527 in .223 with a Leupold 3.5X10. I took the 3x9 off the CZ and put it on the Savage. Every thing shoots good, I just need to re-zero the scopes to the guns so they hit what I shoot at.

Well, a CV Arms 45-70 single shot, I need to zero my pet load to the Leupold M-8 6X scope, next is a Savage 110 in .270 now sporting a 3x9 Leupold. I took the M-8 off the Savage and put it on the 45-70. Lastly my CZ 527 in .223 with a Leupold 3.5X10. I took the 3x9 off the CZ and put it on the Savage. Every thing shoots good, I just need to re-zero the scopes to the guns so they hit what I shoot at.
I'm gonna have to do a swap with my Leopold vx3 from 30-06 to 308 when it arrives.

I find myself not going above 10x. I have a couple Trijicons. I am preferring fixed optics so I am liking the Leupolds you listed.

Part of zeroing in for me is learning the process on my own with research when I think I need. 100 yards seems to be standard to sight in? Then one compensates for distance/elevation say with a christmas tree type optic / chevron?

Seems problematic to sight to an ideal distance say 300 then have to shoot low to compensate. Did I get that right?

100 yds is easy and is what most scope adjustments are calibrated to as in 1 click = 1/4" or 1/2" @ 100 yds. When I'm done the 45-70 will stay zeroed at the 100 yds and the 270's impact will be 2" high @ 100 yds so that it's point blank range will be about 250 yds. The .223 will stay at 100yds because I want to develop a different load with 50gr Speer TNT bullets. Right now I'm shooting Sierra 55gr Varmiteers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top