JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
we had a real good turnout today,and he weather was perfect for a good shoot.The bp boys were one stage over from us,and it sounded like heavy artillery when they cut loose.!
Glad ur visit was enjoyable.there are lots of cowboy shoots around,plenty of shooting.

Picking up a set of SASS Ruger Vaqueros at the Expo tomorrow. Heading for the orientation Saturday. I'm hooked!!!

Still not sure what to do about Shotgun. I shoot mostly 20 Ga for Skeet, 5 stand and Sporting Clays so I'm set up for 20Ga loading. 1897's don't come in 20 Ga though.

I use 20ga also and have a old Fox model B, which is just a Stevens 311, they're not too hard to find. Personally I think doubles are faster if you don't have a fair amount of practice with a 1897 plus they look cooler.:s0155:

@ Joey Coyote

Wow...Black powder is impressive. There's a definite "Whomp" when you pull those triggers. Not to mention the smoke. That was cool to watch.

A friend and I use a 10Gauge at a few shoots, 150 grains of BP and 2 1/2 oz shot. Best to grit your teeth to keep the fillings from falling out. One of my favorite has the .44 Walker. I have used other cap and ball too. Or you can use BP metallic cartridge (done that too).

Biggest problem with the 10 G, if there was no wind, after setting one barrel off, it took a while for the smoke to clear to see the second target.

Went through the orientation down at Canby this morning. Thanks to Kulshan and Celilo for great instruction. Got more support from Rowdy Roy and Rough Cut Ruby. Figured out I am going with the coach gun instead of 1897. But before that off to see Ted Blocker about a holster.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top