Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

what to du with david wu

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by probasco, Jul 12, 2009.

1. probasco

probasco abeaversboro Member

washington county district David Wu who has twenty (20) staffers at the cost of $276,500 to help him with his duties, still cant read any of the bills he votes on. He freely admitted in a town hall meeting, "i cant read all the bills". why not?

this does not include his salary of $174,000 for which he does????

so with an annual budget of $450,500, what does he actually do?
    its obvious he cant read a bill that he votes on, but with 20 staffers, maybe he could get one to read it to him on his flights to China.

wu spent $34,000 on 13 trips paid for with another $29,000 in trips approved.

why does he need to go to china to be a good "representative" of Beaverton?
    why does he need to go to san juan puerto rico on retreat on our expense?
    why doe he need to go to ft. lauderdale and harvard for health care conferences when they are available on line?

btw, he is anti gun on every front so i do have a dog in this fight. posted this on another thread by mistake. my bad. so here it is on its own as i think
    those affected by him should be working on getting rid of him come next election.

i met a guy at the 4th tea party parade that may run against him. john kuzmanich. seems to have his poop in one sack and knows the constitution, and all the problems with our current administration. if your interested here is his website called and to the republic.
    www.andtotherepublic.net happy trails!

2. Monkeyman

Monkeyman Portland, OR Member

John's a good guy who's sick of the mess and has decided to put his money where his mouth is and try to make a difference. I've known him for years and he's serious (and a STRONG proponent of all our rights, esp. 2A).

3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Unfortunately ALL of us are affect by Mr. Wu-poo... I just can't vote against him as I'm not in that district!! :(

4. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Maybe we could get ACORN to sign us up in his district so we could vote against him!
    Turn the Dem's support for ACORN on it's head! ;)

5. Stomper

Good luck with that, ACORN and the ACLU only work for degenerates...

6. markw76

markw76 Portland/Moscow on the Willamette Member

Until he quits or people stop voting for him, I think you're stuck with Wu. A more conservative alternative would be nice, but the Republicans always seem to either put someone up to run that is too weak, or one that is so far right that the majority votes for someone like Wu.

7. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

That is true...and after reading the website listed in the OP I believe this group is a bit too far right for my tastes.

8. CEF1959

CEF1959 Willamette Valley, Oregon New Member

I wouldn't make assumptions about the entire group based on posts by some. ;)

9. fingolfen

fingolfen Oregon Member

I've voted against Wu every opportunity I've gotten - wish I had the money to run against him myself quite frankly. The guy is a stuffed shirt in the Unions' back pocket...

10. PlayboyPenguin

I am basing it on the mission statement on the front page. As soon as I saw they are tax abolishionists I had read enough.

11. Stomper

I think they were referring to the progressive income tax... obviously THAT has lead to "social engineering", and redistributing wealth via back room deals.

12. PlayboyPenguin

Perhaps...I have not studied their position in depth nor ever met this particular man in person. I am simply basing my initial reaction on these quotes from the front page of their website.
    I am all for limiting government encroachment; but neutering government completely does not give power to the people, as some like to believe, it give power to "rich" people and corporations.

13. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Hahahaha. Goldman-Sachs, Obama, General Motors, Obama, Chrysler, Obama, General Electric, Obama. Banks, big industry, cap and trade, healthcare. energy policy.
    The chosen one has managed to braid them all into the same rope.

And is currently fashioning a noose out of it. One he intends to hang Americans out to dry with!

Your party/candidate turned majority/prez has given more money to big corps in 6 months than bushie did in 8 years!

And hung the bill for it on the taxpayers!

14. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

9. The "Legal & Political" section is to pertain to firearms only. There shall be no legal & political discussion and/or material outside of the "Legal & Political" section.

There are many different people here with many different viewpoints on various issues. Like religion, discussing these issues here is highly likely to offend and very little good can come of it. We need to be focusing on the things that bring us together (firearms), not the things that have the potential to divide us (politics).

For conservative discussion, check out NorthwestConservative.com

For liberal discussion, check out Democratic Underground

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.