JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I usually just give it all away. Especially to new shooters. Gets them to thinking about when they went shooting with me. Good fun. Almost everytime, I get the call, "I just bought a lower reciever from that place you told me about in Gorst. Can you teach me to build an AR?" Bam!! New AR owner, shooter. More importantly, maybe another voting gun owner that wants to keep it. :)

17 and counting.......

I'm just getting ready to do my 1st build. I got an Anderson lower and an Oregon Rifleworks upper.

Maybe you'd post a for sale ad for anything you aren't looking to keep?

:)

I have a lot of stuff like everyone said if someone needs a part and I have it it's yours.
But I keep a few things .
Just in case something breaks.
Then I can use it till I get a new part.
Lol can't have a useless gun sitting in my safe

So, what do you guys do with all your old AR parts after you're done upgrading your rifle? Seriously, I'm never going to use these plastic handguards, stock charging handles, etc etc. What the hell do I do with it all?
I'm looking for parts my son and I are just getting into building AR's what do yoyu have and what's your price.
Thanks

I've swapped out much on my LE6920's from stock charging handles, stock triggers to Magpul handguards, etc.

Since I don't need the money, I'd give away the lot, but I'm not going to go to the bother of packaging it all up and schlepping to UPS or the Post O to send it off. Currently, all such items are taking up room in one of my spare closets. I'd give em to my neighbors, but like me, they already have spare parts left over from customizing their own AR barbies...

I've swapped out much on my LE6920's from stock charging handles, stock triggers to Magpul handguards, etc.

Since I don't need the money, I'd give away the lot, but I'm not going to go to the bother of packaging it all up and schlepping to UPS or the Post O to send it off. Currently, all such items are taking up room in one of my spare closets. I'd give em to my neighbors, but like me, they already have spare parts left over from customizing their own AR barbies...
I'd gladly pay for the shipping to acquire them and help tou de-clutter!

It's worth the shelf space to save the factory Colt stuff...
If you were ever to sell or trade one, they are worth more(IMO)
With the factory parts. Your taste in Barbie outfits may not be the same as the next guys...Colt parts are timeless, and will always be in demand. That said..
I'll pay for shipping;)
:D

I had a big box of take-offs, so I decided to do one last build and use em all up... a budget gun to lend out, beat up, whatever.

I got a customizable upper from JSE Surplus and opted-out of everything but the barrel and an Aero Precision stripped lower.

This budget gun is now the most expensive and longest-running AR project to date... it's still not done.

And that big box o' parts and take-offs? Yeah, it's gone... I had to replace it with a bigger box :s0004:

I had a big box of take-offs, so I decided to do one last build and use em all up... a budget gun to lend out, beat up, whatever.

I got a customizable upper from JSE Surplus and opted-out of everything but the barrel and an Aero Precision stripped lower.

This budget gun is now the most expensive and longest-running AR project to date... it's still not done.

And that big box o' parts and take-offs? Yeah, it's gone... I had to replace it with a bigger box :s0004:
Send them my way! ;)
I have an Aero Precision M5 AR10 in 6.5 creedmoor and it has a rifle length buffer tube, I'm in need of carbine buffer parts for it; a tube, spring, and buffer. The gen3 PRS stock is too long for me to get a good view of the scope without stretching my neck or buying a different scope mount to get a proper view of the scope o_O

Ha

Read (I think it was here) months back about a guy who used Take-Off EBR parts along with old plumbing pipes and other misc. crap to build scary looking gun like thingys, then turn them in at gun-buyback programs. Made a small bundle, more than enough to buy a nice real rifle. Seems the patriotic thing to do.

As I recall, the guy has some (minimal) fabrication skill and set it up to be or at least look like a single shot rifle w/o magazines. But almost anything goes at those events.

Last Edited:
Ha

Read (I think it was here) months back about a guy who used Take-Off EBR parts along with old plumbing pipes and other misc. crap to build scary looking gun like thingys, then turn them in at gun-buyback programs. Made a small bundle, more than enough to buy a nice real rifle. Seems the patriotic thing to do.
That's awesome, and a great idea! I wonder if gun buy backs would take airsoft that are made to look like the real thing?

That's awesome, and a great idea! I wonder if gun buy backs would take airsoft that are made to look like the real thing?
I think what made it profitable was having virtually zero $$ invested, just the time and old parts; You usually get about $100 or so at gun buy backs and dropping $50/60 on an airsoft takes a chunk out of that.

Here's a YouTube link for one guy famous for this:
(recommended too for any screwed up, rusty barrels, etc)
Guy sells junk guns to gun buy back

google "homemade guns buyback" and see a ton of hits for ideas; it's hilarious

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR