JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, what do you guys do with all your old AR parts after you're done upgrading your rifle? Seriously, I'm never going to use these plastic handguards, stock charging handles, etc etc. What the hell do I do with it all?

Post them as a bulk purchase at a good price. These are great for budget builders. So many years ago I used to build budget rifles from castaway mil-spec parts. Then as I started building better more expensive builds I'd sell the bulk take offs and a lot of people buy them. They help people who otherwise can't afford to buy a built rifle off the shelf. Help arm your fellow Americans. Who knows you might even get enough back for a few drinks with friends.

I don't have enough AR parts to put a rifle together, yet. I did have to do it once or twice with the M1 Garand, its a whole easier to sell a complete rifle than a bunch of parts, I still ended up with an extra stock set though.

For those of you in this thread that are supporting members and want to know what to do with your AR parts, visit "The Den" section here on the forum and go to the 3rd thread down and start at page 9 for the most current info. ;)

HOW TO EMPTY YOUR PARTS DRAWER....
THIS....:rolleyes: Buy a $50.00 Crosman M-177 pellet rifle and empty your parts drawer onto it.
A Red Laser, flashlight, Faux Suppressor and a $75.00 3x9 Scope.:rolleyes: :p:p:p

Pellet-2 copy.jpg

What I do is stuff them all into the corner of the basement. Figure someone will be needing them sometime. Maybe even me. Now Capn Jack, I don't know what the hell that is but I want one already. Can you advise how loud...hmm, might have to rephrase that, can you advise how QUIET that thing is and what kind of punch it has? $50 ? I'm in! Squirrels are fleeing at the mere thought of it.

What I do is stuff them all into the corner of the basement. Figure someone will be needing them sometime. Maybe even me. Now Capn Jack, I don't know what the hell that is but I want one already. Can you advise how loud...hmm, might have to rephrase that, can you advise how QUIET that thing is and what kind of punch it has? $50 ? I'm in! Squirrels are fleeing at the mere thought of it.
My Faux Suppressor is a collection of plastic tubing all glued together and slipped over the, "Flash Hider". It does work, "Some what". The Air rifle is a referb from Pyriamyd Air. Five pumps and it will totally flatten a pellet against a metal target. I've even killed a large rat with it. The rifle is very accurate with the right pellets. Right now, I am using a Gamo Swarm .22 cal break barrel. Lots of power, but a little noisy.

I collect them and help folks that are just getting into their first AR.

I agree. I usually just pay them forward to someone that needs them. I did that just the other day and it's going out in the mail today. I've sent stocks to people here as well. I figure if I'm not going to use it, it's better off going to someone that will. I like helping like minded people here. Sometimes I'll list something like a charge handle for the cost of shipping. Some of the more expensive parts, I'll hang on to until I see someone post a WTB add. Like my national match Armalite trigger or brand new/never opened Larue Tactical MBT2S trigger (which is spoken for by the way). I don't look at giving something away as charity. I see it as just helping your fellow good forum member out. Hope you all have a merry Christmas!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top