JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I didn't think of this, but after searching the SKU. That's what he received. Nickel plated Barnes loaded 165 grain ammo. So they did in fact ship him the wrong ammo. They shipped him the 165 instead of the 150. That can also explain the difference in accuracy, his gun might of really liked the 150s.

View attachment 868086
You must have posted while I was typing. Some rifles like what they like.

Saw Midway and stopped to read. Watch G&A TV and Larry makes some off-the-wall and/or completely wrong statements in his commercials. Can't think of any off-hand, but watch the shows and he usually makes one or another comment that isn't always factual. Sometimes he gets a date wrong, caliber wrong, or something else, but come on, he's doing a commercial, how hard is it for someone to check his comments beforehand, or say "Mr. Potterfield, you may want to redo that."?

Then I saw "steel cased Federal..." and had to read the rest!

My main source of online ammo purchases is MidwayUS and I always have had a great experince with them. They have always shipped fast and the ammo I purchased from them was always top notch. However, I am now having an issue with the latest ammo order. They shipped me 3 boxes of wrong Federal 308 Win ammo. I paid for power-shock brass case ammo, but they sent me steel case power-shock ammo. I shot few rounds of the ammo, and the accuracy was not even close for the accuracy I was getting from Federal Power-Shock ammo with brass cases. I contacted MidwayUS about the order, but they told me they do not take ammo back and can't do anything about it. They told me to contact Federal, but Federal manufacturer told me, since I purchased ammo from MidwayUS and they sent me wrong ammo, I should solve the issue with MidwayUS. I do not blame Federal for this issue since I purchased the ammo from MidwayUS and they did not ship me the ammo that I paid for. I do not know what to do?

Cheers,

Dan from Seattle
I've returned items to Midway before with no problems. However seeing as you used some you own it especially as you didn't contact Midway until after you did shoot some. The only thing you could dispute is the price difference, if any.

Last Edited:
MidwayUSA's customer service absolutely sucks and I've had problems with every ammo purchase from them, especially because their shipping department doesn't know how to adequately pack things. They tend to throw a few of those air cushion bags into the box and call it good. Every shipment arrived with the ammo boxes broken open and loose ammo everywhere inside the shipping box. And MidwayUSA customer service just blames FedEx/UPS.

You must have posted while I was typing. Some rifles like what they like.
I've only seen one that was that oddly finicky, and even then, not like that. Same bullet, same (presumably) load, and messed up by having a coating of nickel on the case? Seems just as likely that maybe production quality is a little down in the panic and the case has less to do with it than the QA of the process in these odd times. Maybe?

I've only seen one that was that oddly finicky, and even then, not like that. Same bullet, same (presumably) load, and messed up by having a coating of nickel on the case? Seems just as likely that maybe production quality is a little down in the panic and the case has less to do with it than the QA of the process in these odd times. Maybe?
Quality seems to suffer in these panics. You could be right. I have a 308 like that though, and another that likes the heavies best. I have another that likes 125grs the best. That one shoots 165s into a pattern that looks like 00Buck.

Quality seems to suffer in these panics. You could be right. I have a 308 like that though, and another that likes the heavies best. I have another that likes 125grs the best. That one shoots 165s into a pattern that looks like 00Buck.
Hard to know for sure but generally the nickel costs a bit more, most of the time

I feel an idiot today. CULPA MIA!! MidwayUS sent me right ammo. I just got home from work and looked my ammo storage boxes and I realized that what I brought to a range yesterday was not the ammo that Midway sent me, but some steel cases ammo that I purchased somewhere else. I apologize for making this post before digging up deeper.

I was helping a co-worker's husband by picking up some center fire ammo at BiMart that he did not have time off to get.

When I told him I got it, he complained that he usually uses a bullet that is a little heavier. :confused:

Not EVEN the same thing as here.

The OP has a specific need, which he articulated to the vendor. Whether the substitution was deliberate, accidental, and whether the ammo would work for the OP's intended uses is not anything I would opine on.

But I do agree with Dinglenutz.

Weight, profile, load, etc are quickly becoming wish list parameters. Caliber is everything!
Man , I sure love doing favors for people who look a gift horse in the mouth. What a cool dude.

I just sent another email to MidwayUS and told them to ignore my previous email and I admitted to them that I messed up.

Well, my brother once watched a sales clerk recommend a specific defensive ammo to a customer because it had "the silver trim", which is what he was calling nickel cases. Odd things happen in the world.

Saw Midway and stopped to read. Watch G&A TV and Larry makes some off-the-wall and/or completely wrong statements in his commercials. Can't think of any off-hand, but watch the shows and he usually makes one or another comment that isn't always factual. Sometimes he gets a date wrong, caliber wrong, or something else, but come on, he's doing a commercial, how hard is it for someone to check his comments beforehand, or say "Mr. Potterfield, you may want to redo that."?

Then I saw "steel cased Federal..." and had to read the rest!
But he says
" I'm Larry potterfield ,and that's the way it is." Isn't that proof enough?

I feel an idiot today. CULPA MIA!! MidwayUS sent me right ammo. I just got home from work and looked my ammo storage boxes and I realized that what I brought to a range yesterday was not the ammo that Midway sent me, but some steel cases ammo that I purchased somewhere else. I apologize for making this post before digging up deeper.

That's funny rite there & could easily see doing something similar! Thanks for posting up on the error though.

Thread closed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews