JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have an old .22lr revolver that was given to me years ago and in mint condition it would be worth all of $100ish according to GunBroker. However, this revolver is beat to hell and rusty, so I am guessing its worth next to nothing at this point. And with the transfer fees to sell it I cant see anyone wanting to buy it. I am sure I am not the only one with a junk gun, what do you guys do with yours?

Kindly describe this old gun. There are companies that demil them by cutting the frames and then sell the parts. "EveryGunPart" is one of them.

I believe you could just give it to a gunsmith that holds an ffl. They can transfer it in to their inventory and since they have a legal ffl, no bgc and transfer fee required. They world likely want to run the serial check to verify its not stolen, but other than that I think you're good. Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

Wait for a gun buy back in Portland or Seattle and probably get $100 for it.
I believe you could just give it to a gunsmith that holds an ffl. They can transfer it in to their inventory and since they have a legal ffl, no bgc and transfer fee required. They world likely want to run the serial check to verify its not stolen, but other than that I think you're good. Someone tell me if I'm wrong.
Some good ideas here^^

I was going to suggest maybe destroy it on social media, and that goes viral, use the money to buy more guns.

Might be able to get a few bucks for it IF it can be restored. If you were closer I might be interested. Whenever I am changing out a trigger, putting new furniture on something or even just cleaning firearms, my 12 year old is ready to jump in and take over. This sounds like it could be a good project for a kid

Scrub the serial number and leave it near a homeless camp?

FC36DDB3-BC29-418D-B475-196FC0E92481.jpeg

Practice you gun repair / gun cleaning / gun re-finishing skills....

Give it a good cleaning...fix what is broken...maybe even try your hand at engraving....re-finish it.
You won't hurt the value of it...and you may learn a new skill or something new.
Then go out and shoot it .
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top