JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm not sure if this article is an update on the the murder/suicide earlier this week, or if it's a completely different case. It's very tragic that authorities had the guy in their hands, and allowed him any bail at all considering the risk that should have be realized. From the evidence/testimony the guy was a complete nut and should NOT of been granted bail. They let him out and he killed her like he said he would.

Someone this man knew got him bail. Will authorities hold whoever provided bail responsible? In Oregon they want to pass laws to hold firearms owners responsible for criminal acts committed by a person the steals a gun from from the legal gun owner if it's not secured properly. (is properly even defined?) Where did nut job get a gun? Were authorities aware the man had firearms and failed to take them from him? Was he not flagged to keep him from buying a gun? If an acquaintance of the man gave him the gun I believe they should be held responsible in THIS case. The guy was certainly nutty enough that any who knew him should have known he was unstable.

I believe it's time to have laws that say if you have a physical (domestic violence) assault against a partner causing bodily injury that results in a restraining order that if you violate that, special, restraining order, you don't get bail. THAT would be a law that would, seems to me, actually prevent a situation like this. They way the law is now, if a person were going through a nasty divorce, got into a heated argument with the partner, and pushed them, with no actual physical harm, you could have you firearms rights removed for life! The guy in the article was a proven abuser and totally unstable. They let him out even though he was proven to be violent. :(

This story really frosts my peanuts!

But if she was packing a legal gun she would have had to lock it in the car when she picked up her kids at school due to Wa. law because "nobody needs to carry a gun to pick up their kids at school..." exactly where he murdered her. But lets keep passing more laws that only affect the lawful gun owner restricting them from their own guns. Sick.

tragic story guy sounds like a real winner.

my thoughts are: take care of yourself because no one else will.

as insensitive as that sounds, its the truth.

Death penalty for this guy, to be carried out first thing the next morning!!!
that sounds great just too little too late.

the justice system doesnt always work. plain and simple. that is why we need to take care of ourselves. we have a natural right to self defense. people living in fantasy land dont understand that. they think the worst most heinous acts imaginable cant happen to them...i usually respond "not yet." that usually gets'm thinkin.

But if she was packing a legal gun she would have had to lock it in the car when she picked up her kids at school due to Wa. law because "nobody needs to carry a gun to pick up their kids at school..." exactly where he murdered her. But lets keep passing more laws that only affect the lawful gun owner restricting them from their own guns. Sick.

This story hits me hard because of some pretty obvious, to me anyway, ways that this could have been prevented. And that the stupid laws they keep coming up with wouldn't' do a lot to prevent these sort of things from happening is secondary. There are to many situations where even if a person in this instance could carry they would still end up dead, or in jail? I takes a LOT of work to become proficient enough with your carry gun to use it properly. And I have a feeling that not many folks would go through what it takes to get in that position. And DV situations are a whole different animal than other dangerous confrontations.

What I'm looking for is something like a charge of DV for the partner that pushes a partner, with no physical harm present. An investigation looks at records and determines there no reason to red flag the person. Or temp red flag with a visit to a therapist? The partner punches partner, breaks out teeth, add cracked rib(s). Aggravated, first Degree domestic violence. You're in jail dirtbag! Previous threats, violence, with injury? No bail you piece of crap! and then figure out how everything in the middle of the two scenarios should be dealt with.

people living in fantasy land dont understand that.

With all due respect, I think living in a fantasy land is folks believing all you have to do it get a gun and get training then you can keep bad things such as this from happening to you.

The idea of this thread was to find a way to ACTUALLY intercept people like that sack O' Crap in the article to prevent these situations.

Plus, it's not always the male doing the violence.

A buddy of mine had a wife that would slap him hard when she disagreed with him and punched him when she was really pissed.

He is a strong athlete and could've easily pounded her, but didn't. Just took it.

He admitted this to me after we'd had a few beers.

He was embarrassed as hell, but didn't know what to do. They had a child and he didn't want to break up the family.

Eventually, he divorced her.

She took him to the cleaners when 'she' should've been in jail, if not prison...

This kind of DV is usually not mentioned, but it happens with a lot more frequency than ever discussed as men are too embarrassed to confess to being a 'battered husband'.

A buddy of mine had a wife that would slap him hard when she disagreed with him and punched him when she was really pissed.

He is a strong athlete and could've easily pounded her, but didn't. Just took it.

He was embarrassed as hell, but didn't know what to do. They had a child and he didn't want to break up the family.

She took him to the cleaners when 'she' should've been in jail, if not prison...

This kind of DV is usually not mentioned, but it happens with a lot more frequency than ever discussed as men are too embarrassed to confess to being a 'battered husband'.

I think it goes without saying that not ALL DV situations are men. Just most of them. Testosterone might have something to do with it. :rolleyes:

Mikej,

While not all will be successful defending their lives with a gun, are you saying 'don't even try' or do I misunderstand?

Thanks!

You misunderstand.

With all due respect, I think living in a fantasy land is folks believing all you have to do it get a gun and get training then you can keep bad things such as this from happening to you.

The idea of this thread was to find a way to ACTUALLY intercept people like that sack O' Crap in the article to prevent these situations.
i totally understand what youre saying. i dont know what the answer is to prevent people from breaking laws. they guy got let out on bail and followed thru with what he said he was gonna do. IMO threats like that should be taken very seriously.

So everyone knows the law, here are the relevant areas of the RCW. Note that a CPL still does not exempt you from entering the building.

(1) It is unlawful for a person to carry onto, or to possess on, public or private elementary or secondary school premises, school-provided transportation, or areas of facilities while being used exclusively by public or private schools:
(a) Any firearm;

(3) Subsection (1) of this section does not apply to:

(e) Any person in possession of a pistol who has been issued a license under RCW 9.41.070, or is exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060, while picking up or dropping off a student

(6) Except as provided in subsection (3)(b), (c), (f), and (h) of this section, firearms are not permitted in a public or private school building.

So she would have been fine in the parking lot with a CPL, for what its worth.

Last Edited:

I was briefly married to a hillbilly who liked to smack me--I used to hurl her at the nearest piece of soft furniture and run out the door--one time she got ahold of my door and held on while I backed out--that door used to open all the way up when she got done with it:eek:

We are currently experiencing, in many areas of the country, a move to not hold people in jail. Thank our southern neighbors for pushing this forward. As a result of eliminating "cash bail" (one of the terms), you are seeing many people released or held on very low bail amounts compared to a few years ago. You might have noticed this by an increased number of tents around the country. The bottom line is some people in positions of power think that it is wrong for bad (yet un-convicted) people to be in jail. Actually, most of them think convicted bad people should not be in jail either.

Share your frustration.

THIS has me seeing so much Red, it's really disturbing just how pizzed I am over this! It's like that Illegal who was picked up by the Clackamas County Sheriffs Office, NOT reported to ICE, and released onto the streets where he killed a woman not long after! Dude had been deported and had re entered illegally yet again, did more bad, got caught and locked up, and shoud have stayed, but NO! And now a innocent is DEAD!

Same with this phucking looser, several restraining orders against him, several charges FOR violating those restraining orders, and Now, another innocent woman is DEAD! Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is wrong here? WHY did the cops do nothing? WHY wasn't this P.O.S. locked up for a long time?
Some one needs to hold the Justice system accountable for this, the powers that be really phucked this up and now a woman is fricking dead, and all parties involved are little more then embarrassed about it! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top