JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Odd how I've managed to go my entire life w/o having my car searched or even being asked about it.
Its been a while. I have had my car searched by Federales a few times in Mexico, and by border patrol. With Border Patrol, it was definitely justified. It would be a long story, but I was in Mexico on election day without knowing it, when Fox was elected and our car was running from a riot. The border checkpoint was closed and we were motoring away from some pretty wild stuff. But we skidded to a stop in the US. Obviously, being a law abiding visitor I had no weapons, or drugs or anything more questionable than roofing tools. (I was with a group building houses)

I have had an officer ask to a couple times in my considerably younger years. Back when I had a mohawk. I always said no. I did get made to sit on the curb and such while they waited. The cops ended up giving up and letting me go.

I did get made to sit on the curb and such while they waited. The cops ended up giving up and letting me go.
Many times, that's a "tactic". If they know they don't have probable cause to get a sign off on a warrant, they may let you sit awhile. Meanwhile, they'll be observing your demeanor and body language for red flags and If you get tired of waiting you might just change your mind and consent. They know time is passing a lot slower for you than it is for them. ;)

Last Edited:
Many times, that's a "tactic". If they know they don't have probable cause to get a sign off on a warrant, they may let you sit awhile. If you get tired of waiting you might just change your mind and consent. They know time is passing a low slower for you than it is for them. ;)
I can out stubborn a bulldog. (which is good as I own one.)

I keep an unloaded pistol in a locked box in my trunk. No ammo in the gun or in the mags. 100% legal. But I don't want to have to sit there for 50 minutes explaining why I have a gun, emerg food, water, and lots of other 100% legal survival supplies in my trunk.

So my answer is: "No". If they think that they have some sort of probable cause they will search anyway.

If they ask: Do you have any guns, knives, drugs in your car I will answer: "I have nothing illegal in my car".

If they ask: Do you have any guns, knives, drugs in your car I will answer: "I have nothing illegal in my car".
i mean this is why i just hand over my creds and state "im invoking my 4th and 5th, please let me know when im free to go."

legally, they cant even ask you any more questions after that. they might, but you just look at em and raise your eyebrows, and look away again.

there is absolutely no reason to be having any kind of conversation, giving any kind of information, or answering any questions of any kind.

You got a license for that?

What?

Fishing.

Aloha, Mark

PS....one could also respond with......

"Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies."

You'll probably end up with just the ticket (and/or a longer B.S. delay).

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top