JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Okay, this seems like a weird question...

We have some friends that lived in Portland most of their life, then 10 years ago had to move to the midwest because their job moved. Their daughter stayed here in Oregon and is getting married next month, so the mother is out here right now and wants to do something fun on her "off day"....

Umm, like what? Normal tourist things like the different Gardens in Portland are old news (and not super pretty this time of year) -- the Gorge is old news, she isn't fit enough to go snowshoeing, etc...

I am really drawing a blank as to what to do with someone that isn't A- super outdoorsy and B- has seen most of the tourist crap Portland/Vancouver has to offer...

Any suggestions?

I suggested hitting a gravel pit and sending a lot of lead downrange........ that didn't go over well ;)

A friend of mine from back East was able spend 4+ hours with his mom yesterday afternoon just exploring the shops on Alberta street... none of that stuff was there 10 years ago when your friend left.

Its fun to take visitors down to the river for lunch at one of the riverfront restaurants.

The "Bridgeport" shopping area on the "5" south is a fun area to burn up some shopping time. Lots of good restaurants there also. They have a new movie theater if your are so inclined to see a movie.

A trip to some of the wineries are also a lot of fun.

+1 on the Bridgeport village, cool little mall, especially in nice weather.

Check out the miniature golf course on 4th & Taylor, Cosmic Golf, I think it's called. Glow in the dark golf balls, blacklight course, very fun.

Lloyd center is another fun mall, you can go ice skating if you don't mind tripping over all the five-nine year olds that are always underfoot.

Have them check out the little shops and boutiques on NW 23rd and have lunch at Cornblatt's deli. The closest thing you will get to a real NY Jewish deli in Portland. Awesome corned beef sandwiches!

Mulnotmah Falls looks good almost every season. Bridgeport is spendy for me since the wife hits up Coach everytime we are there. For some good sausages check out Otto's Sausage and Meat Market that place is grub and you can buy some cooked ones right outside.

+1 on the Bridgeport village, cool little mall, especially in nice weather.

Check out the miniature golf course on 4th & Taylor, Cosmic Golf, I think it's called. Glow in the dark golf balls, blacklight course, very fun.

Lloyd center is another fun mall, you can go ice skating if you don't mind tripping over all the five-nine year olds that are always underfoot.

Oh, dude, it's called "glowing greens..." It's under a hotel.

Go to the west side, over the hills. There's ice skating out there, too. Two rinks, actually.

Try one of the climbing/bouldering gyms.

Go to "Mingo" or "Serrato" on Kearney. Quality Italian food.

I'm full of ideas, but I don't know what kinds of things you're in to.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top