JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My original Oregon permit didn't take 41 days, and I don't even live in the state.... dude has a point.

A carry permit shouldn't take 41 days to process. The amount of posts that are shrugging this off as normal indicate to me that the sheep are well trained down there in Oregon.

It actually it sounds like a cakewalk there in Oregon. I had a neighbor apply recently in King County, Seattle area, and they have so many applications (so they say), they will not currently schedule any more people until a later date...
At least you're in the pipeline.

My original Oregon permit didn't take 41 days, and I don't even live in the state.... dude has a point.

A carry permit shouldn't take 41 days to process. The amount of posts that are shrugging this off as normal indicate to me that the sheep are well trained down there in Oregon.
What do you call all the well trained people up in your neck of the woods that are fire selling or trying to dump their standard capacity mags right now? Last time I checked WA. was bluer than Oregon. Also there is such a thing as staff shortages compounded with all the panic buyers/applications and things tend to bog down. Glad I've never had to wait long for CHL renewals but each county has it's own way of getting things done. According to you, would I be considered a sheep because the ATF in the past has taken 7 to 9 months to approve my Form 4s? :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
It actually it sounds like a cakewalk there in Oregon. I had a neighbor apply recently in King County, Seattle area, and they have so many applications (so they say), they will not currently schedule any more people until a later date...
But but according to @Ferryman we're all a bunch of sheep down here. lol

And don't forget. The people in charge of issuing permits and background check are probably infested with anti freedom to own firearms people. Why hurry anything up when it come to "GUNS"?

What do you call all the well trained people up in your neck of the woods that are fire selling or trying to dump their standard capacity mags right now? Last time I checked WA. was bluer than Oregon. Also there is such a thing as staff shortages compounded with all the panic buyers/applications and things tend to bog down. Glad I've never had to wait long for CHL renewals but each county has it's own way of getting things done. According to you, would I be considered a sheep because the ATF in the past has taken 7 to 9 months to approve my Form 4s? :rolleyes:
Well, I certainly don't tell people who complain about it to just get in line and be quiet. I actually think they have legitimate complaints.....

1656174165419.png

1656174376848.png

1656174850817.png

1656174678733.png

1656174974253.png

1656174786376.png

Aloha, Mark

PS.........

".......shall not be infringed."

Last Edited:
Well, I certainly don't tell people who complain about it to just get in line and be quiet. I actually think they have legitimate complaints.....
As far back as 2 years ago (maybe longer) Marion County notified the public that they may take up to 45 days to process a new applicant. I've heard of agencies in other states taking up to 90. I think you may have failed to go back to the very beginning of this thread and read the part where the OP was starting to chirp to us at day 42. That's why he took some fire in return and was advised to be patient. He also had another thread previous to this where he exclaimed that he was a first time gun buyer and he also displayed a lack of patience over there. I'm not going to (nor should a keyboard range officer from out of state) recommend that a newb makes waves before day 45. Especially one that has almost no clue what he's doing. All he's going to do is put an undo strain on the already back logged and understaffed process. He waited this long I doubt 3 more days is going to put him in grave danger or violate his 2A rights. Hell, he already has his gun, I'm sure he'll get his cake to eat soon enough. :rolleyes:

After reading your April post and this current one I think you may need to work on learning some patience. Just to do my renewal in Benton County I had to wait almost 2 months for my appointment at the sheriffs office. I can only imagine how much busier Marion is. I'm sure it's a zoo. Like it was previously mentioned in your new gun post, take some classes. It will help the time go by faster. If you think you've got it rough, engage some of the folks here that have Form 4's submitted to the ATF and are waiting on approvals. Some of us that did it on paper last year are still waiting 9 and 12 months later to get cleared. Some of the guys that applied on the new e-file system are seeing approvals come through in 4 months or less. Again patience is key, especially in these times when it involves anything firearms related. It's not going to get any easier. Once you do have everything all smoothed out and you go to make your next firearm purchase, fill out your Form 4473 and hand over your carry permit and leave your drivers license in your wallet! Then stand back and wait patiently and you may just get your first auto approval and not end up stuck in the back log of 2500+ waiting to get a BGC approval from OSP.
I'm at 13.5 months and still waiting for another suppressor approval. And have 2 more following it by a couple months. OP as mentioned just wait. It'll happen eventually. They're super backed up.

To the OP:
you seem to lack patience, but exude entitlement, as stated previously by everyone else on this forum. That makes us old timers nervous, we know what impatience can end up causing.
Can I point out to you that while you are preparing to practice your god given right to self defense, if you choose to practice impatience and entitlement you could end up doing something you regret.

I guess I'm saying: just try to be cool, stay calm, be easy. Look more than act, listen more than talk. Your mind is the weapon, the gun is the tool.
Good luck with all this.

OP... Aren't you glad you asked?

And doesn't it make you feel really welcome? :s0116:

To some questions, there just aren't any answers. Only experiences. And different folks have different experiences, both good and bad. My boy, twice, applied for a CHL in Multnomah County. Never did receive a reply of any kind. A year later he moved to Washington County, where his CHL was approved quickly.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads