JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all.

Just a simple thought, what would be the most profitable things to purchase and resell at a Portland area gun show?

The amounts to be spent are either$1000, $2500, $5000, or $10000.

Firearms related items only, please. No beeny babies, jerky, airsoft, etc.

I was thinking firearms magazines, ammunition, things of that nature...

Any thoughts?

Dan-Dee,
If I was to do this I would be going through manufacturers. I am not currently planning on showing up at a PDX gunshow with a table full of, well, anything.

The reason that I ask is that I am interested in starting a business. Hearing about supply vs. demand issues in this area helps me. Someone is going to say "I would buy "X", but it's not usually available" or ""Y" always sells out".

I won't be back in the PDX area till early next year. I am not looking to damage anyone else's business in any way. I am looking for input to give me ideas for a "niche", be it firearms related or not.

You could jump on the bandwagon and buy a store out of their Kel Tec KSGs. I hear the markup is pretty good right now...at least that's what the Classified section is reporting :)

You could jump on the bandwagon and buy a store out of their Kel Tec KSGs. I hear the markup is pretty good right now...at least that's what the Classified section is reporting :)

well, that's capitalism (a good thing, of course). but it doesn't seem to be sustainable. nice looking shotgun though. I would like to handle one at a range.

Oregon gun market is more geared towards cheap. People here are just not that rich and are very tight with their money. i.e. cheap *** tight wads. pretty much describes oregonians.

I personally would not start a firearm related business in Oregon. Washington would be better.

If you really must sell something in oregon. You might consider going to olympia and buying ALOT of plated bullets from rainier and selling them at the show.

One way to push the wholesale/retail ratio is with hazmat shipping. A $30 box of primers costs me $30 shipping. A $3,000 case of primers costs you maybe $75 shipping. Some other things like powder are similar.

Otherwise, unless you get a serious wholesale deal, folks will just go to the interwebs.

One thing that was lacking as the last few I went to was reloading supplies. Powder, primers, brass, bullets. The few I did see were so overpriced it made more sense to get it online, even factoring in the hazmat fee.

Oregon gun market is more geared towards cheap. People here are just not that rich and are very tight with their money. i.e. cheap *** tight wads. pretty much describes oregonians.

I personally would not start a firearm related business in Oregon. Washington would be better.

If you really must sell something in oregon. You might consider going to olympia and buying ALOT of plated bullets from rainier and selling them at the show.

+1

I went to the Eugene Gun Show last weekend and there is definitely an absence of vendors dealing with holsters, lights and bags. If someone had set up a few peg boards with different brands and types I'm thinking they would have a fairly good day in sales. Become an authorized dealer for various brands so you can capitalize on buying in bulk.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads