JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I made a promise to myself a few months ago to not buy any more guns until after my birthday in mid-June.

Seriously, it was kinda getting out of hand :D

OTOH, my birthday is only two months away now and I'm trying to decide what I should get myself for my birthday. I already have handguns in all the major auto and revolver calibers (.22, .38/357, 9mm, .40, .45), a couple different carry guns, a steel 1911 and the requisite shotguns and an a suppressed SBR'ed AR. I've narrowing my list down a bit, looking for input. Budget is going to be roughly $7-800.

Ruger SR1911 (I love stainless guns)
.22 suppressor (I already have a .30 can that hangs of the end of the SBR)
.44 magnum
M&P 45 (not sure why, I just like it)
Sig P226 Mk25 (again, not sure why, but I hear Sig's are nice)
An AK (I have nothing in 7.62 x 39)
Standard-length AR upper (I only have the SBR in .223 and a dedicated .22 AR)
.308 bolt-action rifle (My only "hunting" rifle is a single-shot .45-70, but then again I don't hunt)

Go ahead, tell me how to spend my money!

You should get me an aimpoint PRO!

I mean....

Those sr1911 sure seem like a good gun.
Seriously though, if I was to add to a collection, it would probably either a 1911 or maybe something in 7.62x39. I liked my old AK, but I didnt like using the sights much. They felt too slow.

What about one of those SKS rifles that use AK mags? little more accurate, better sights, and 30 round capacity in a good magazine.

I suppose an ak with optics would work too. Maybe a little easier to find.

Theres my .04 cents

Everyone needs a lever gun. You're not a classy gun owner without one. :cool:
.22/.357/.44/.45-70/.30-30....you can't go wrong.

If that's not your thing...my vote is for AK.

I went on a self deprived one year no guns or ammo... stuff to go on guns was ok when i needed to but I only bought stuff I needed. After that year I more than made up for my life of purity. That's beside the point I'm going to make here. I would suggest buying as much 7.62x54 from ammoman and get a mosin. Buy one of these.... Bluegrass Stock Company stocks and trick it out as you see fit. Hey, you already have everything you can buy... Get something you cant buy. A custom self built sharp shooter. Stock up on the ammo while it's cheap.

I sold a bunch of guns at the show a couple weeks ago. Grossed $2800.
Now if I had kept the money or not taken the guns on trade,I may still have that fiat money or had spent it already on something else.
Every day you have cash instead of guns,you run the risk that the money won't buy as many guns or ammo.

Cash is nice but it disappears,somehow. Guns seem to not disappear and gain value,unlike cash

AK's come in more than 7.62X39!
The AK-74 is 5.45X39 and a better long range round.
Sold mine, but kept the two spam cans of ammo!

My next one will be an AR in .308, not sure why but do I need a real reason other than I want one?

Just picked up the foundation for my .300blk...Though the .300 whisper has me intrigued now as well. Oh well, at least I have the important part...time to start shopping for the rest.

I love my ak and my sr1911. They are by far my favorie guns under 1k them and my stainless 629. Heck they are in the running for my favorites even over 1k. I would just buy the first one of the things on your list for a reasonable price that you find. Your going to buy all of them someday anyway. So you might as well pick a name out of a hat and waltz into the gun shop with hundred dollar bills

Mosin Nagant, 2k rounds of ammo, a waterproof/airtight chest and a shovel... for digging targets...:s0131:

Then with the $600 that you have left get a .22lr suppressor :s0155:

I would also recommend going with an AK74. Just something about that round that makes it as much fun and addicting to shoot as the 22LR. You can still find cases of 5.45x39 over 1k rounds for about $200 if you look around.. 6 months ago only $150 per 1k.. stock up now. My 2nd choice would be the Mosin and tons of surplus ammo.. these rifles could still be had for $79-89 a year ago. Your lucky to find one in nice condition for twice that now. How can you go wrong at $180-200 per 880 rounds? Load up on those Russian spam cans while you can.

.308 bolt-action rifle (My only "hunting" rifle is a single-shot .45-70, but then again I don't hunt)

If you're seriously never going to hunt, then the world is open as far as bolt guns go. I really enjoy shooting my .22-250 and I am still able to find off the shelf ammunition for it. While the .308 isn't punishing to shoot, the .22-250 is very easy on the body. Then again, with the .308 you typically have your choice of match ammunition, which if you not a reloader and don't want to be is a huge plus for the caliber.

Everyone needs a lever gun. You're not a classy gun owner without one. :cool:
.22/.357/.44/.45-70/.30-30....you can't go wrong.

This is very true!! If you've got a gun already in one of the calibers, then adding a lever is a great idea. The lever action in .38/357 is a great starter gun for new shooters. It's accurate enough, it's super easy to shoot and not scary. If you got a .45-70, which you've stated is a caliber you've already got, you now have a multi-shot hunting rifle!

Buy one of these.... Bluegrass Stock Company stocks and trick it out as you see fit.

I have never heard of this company until today, so THANK YOU! I want to get another stock for my Mosin and was figuring on a Boyds, but if I can get one from them already inletted for the Timney trigger that will save me a bunch of time.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top