JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally don't think a federal ban is likely. That said, based on prices, people are buying up this stuff:

1. Larger capacity rifle magazines (drum)
2. 20+ round pistol magazines
3. Keltec KSG. Looks evil, someone will prolly say it circumvents the SBS definition.
4. Bullpup rifles, military-pattern rifles

Additionally would also anticipate at the state level:

1. Restricting sale of body armor to FFLs, or requiring a NICS check
2. Banning private FTF firearm sales (must consign through FFL)
3. Rules against "manufacturing your own ammo" or internet ordering
4. Only allowed to buy microstamping handguns in some states
5. Restricting new suppressors and SBRs to LEOs

Disclaimer: I don't own any Keltec KSGs. :)

Magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. I refuse to call them "large" or "high capacity" magazines, that's buying into the anti-gun rights nuts' word games.

Nothing sells firearms, magazine and ammo like a whiff in the air of 'gun bans.'

Unfortunately, it's a self fulfilling prophecy, as the run on guns, ammo, and magazines depletes the supply, and the very scarcity of the items increases the demand tenfold, driving prices through the roof.

Like the above posters, I doubt there will be a federal ban. I do suspect there will be increased encroachment in different states. I also think that the frenzy is likely to continue for several months.

If I was a profiteer, I would be purchasing as many commonly used 10+ round magazines as cheap as possible now, with the intent of tripling my money three months down the road as the governmental debate reaches a crescendo and the buying frenzy becomes frothy.

I made some good money on Butler Creek 10/22 mags that I bought for $7 before the AWB and sold for $50 during the ban.

That said, there are a lot of folks that bought $50 mags that are worth $15 now, and there are a lot of folks that open their storage box and see a gajillion primers that they spent way too much time running all over town looking for and spent way too much money on.

Don't buy anything you wouldn't want to keep or buy with money you don't have.

What is with the give up your guns attitude? There is a name for people like this...quitters. There will be no ban unless the .gov wants a revolution. Don't be a quitter.

I agree.......what ban? We still have a 2nd amendment don't we? Are you already admitting defeat? That's just what these idiots want.

What is with the give up your guns attitude? There is a name for people like this...quitters. There will be no ban unless the .gov wants a revolution. Don't be a quitter.

They passed a similar ban in 1994. There was no revolution.

Several states including California and - ironically Connecticut - have "assault weapon" bans and/or limits on magazine capacity. No revolutions in those states either.

Gun owners are a minority in this country. If the non-gun owners get outraged enough they can pass all kinds of bans. They are outraged enough now.

The last guy who decided to go up against the FBI and BATFE ended up like this. I guess at least he wasn't a "quitter".

3817149.jpg

Sounds like the first bill to be introduced will ban possession of assault rifles & high capacity magazines. I'll be buying a few stripped AR-15 lower receivers... you know, for pistol builds.

"Sen. Dianne Feinstein said that she will introduce a new gun control bill on the first day of the new Congress. Feinstein's bill will seek to ban "the sale, transfer and possession of assault weapons, along with the capacity of high-capacity magazines." Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal of Connectuict suggested on ABC's This Week that at minimum we must seek to ban high capacity magazines."

Source: <broken link removed>

Revolution. LOL. Sheep and dimwits don't revolt. It will never happen so just bend over and be done with it. The 99% of the go along to get along will crush any effort of the 1% that possibly have some backbone. Alone, the controllers are nearly powerless, but they have the 99% walking in lock step.

But the vast majority have made it clear for a long time. Any abuse is just fine, no problem. Just promise me (the illusion of) safety and comfort and I'll lick boots until my tongue falls out.

American males are either purse carrying fems or winners like these - 22 Stats That Prove That There Is Something Seriously Wrong With Young Men In America

Forget about it.

Ammo and reloading supplies. I've already seen stories about how the CT shooter used "deadly bullets designed to expend all their energy when they hit someone". Well, yes, those are the best kinds to defend yourself with too!

Gun owners are a minority in this country. If the non-gun owners get outraged enough they can pass all kinds of bans. They are outraged enough now.

Anyone who has read any of my posts here over the past few years knows I am not one of those "mole trolls" that have surfaced in the forum in the past few days. That being said, what we have here is a "perfect storm" like never before. Some of it's ingredients:

1) A freshly re-elected and empowered leftist in the whitehouse who no doubt already had gun ownership in his long range agenda.
2) A pronounced political shift in the nation due to....large numbers of "indoctrinated" groups entering the demographics. These groups being less appreciative of traditional values, such as gun ownership. Decoded.....this means less adverse reaction for politicians to worry about.
3) A Supreme Court, more likely to rule against gun rights.
4) Two random shooting incidents occurring in the same week, manna from heaven for the anti-gun culture.
5) There aint gonna be no bill sunset this time Dorothy...they've learned that lesson.

As the details of the victims in the school shooting began to come out, I could hear the menstrual cycle of 51% of the voter base synchronize in unison.

As this progresses, I believe we will begin to see long established allies gradually fade away in the interest of self-preservation.

The gelded Republican party will probably deny they ever even supported gun ownership. (see, Justice Scalia, Chief Justice Roberts, and John Boehner for glowing examples)

I expect to see the NRA begin a progression of abandoning things like high cap mags, detachable mag semi rifles, semi rifles, semi pistols, semi auto ammunition, small concealable handguns, hollow point bullets, ftf sales and anything else you have heard anti-gunners whine about. I forsee the home of "The American Rifleman" circling the wagons around hunting arms and cutting everything else loose.

And for those NRA life members whom I have just (p)izzd awf....shall we both sit back and wait for the NRA's darling, Senator Harry Reid (D) dash to our rescue with some pro-gun statements ?

Any of these things are what to consider if you will want them in the future...and no I don't sell any of these things.

I remember the last ban, the initial legislation had language that every assault rifle owner had to register their guns or they would be taken.

That was dropped very early on. Feinstein's legislation will go nowhere as written but could see a magazine ban with grandfathered hicaps, ban on evil features, ban on all private transfers.

BUT there is something different this time. A lot of gun owners realize what an AW ban is. Last time alot of gun owners who only owned pistols thought it would only effect assault RIFLES and RIFLE MAGAZINES they were really shocked when they had to pay $100 for a glock magazine.

FORGET AMMO bans, there was so much talk about that in 1994, even that the government was going to make special primers which only had a few years shelf life. NONE of that was even talked about or even acted upon.
Also alot more people own AR-15, got god sake they well them at walmart now.

If they take out the Grandfathering Clause, all those who stocked up on Hi-CAP mags to make it rich are going to be stuck with them.

Interesting thought. Now...how do you suppose magazines could be identified, tracked, assigned and logged since they don't have a stamped Manufacturer, Model or serial number? 24,700 Tapco 30 round AK-47 magazines sold from ONE STORE today... I'm sure over a million magazines were sold today alone...(I like that..THE MILLION MAGAZINE MARCH).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top