JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is this information available on another source? I don't watch that guy. Too much hype and selling for my taste. And often just reads stuff out loud with added hype.
He was reading and quoting from the New York Times, you could probably find the material there.

But if you really hate advertising, that might be a problem too. Maybe PBS will have something you like better... no ads, they just use taxpayer money to finance their work.

Personally, I'd rather sit through a 30 second live-read so the guy can fund his channel than try to listen to the insufferable .gov company-line claptrap that comes outta the PBS gobs.... seems a little more "free market".

Is this information available on another source? I don't watch that guy. Too much hype and selling for my taste. And often just reads stuff out loud with added hype.
He was reading and quoting from the New York Times, you could probably find the material there.

But if you really hate advertising, that might be a problem too. Maybe PBS will have something you like better... no ads, they just use taxpayer money to finance their work.

Personally, I'd rather sit through a 30 second live-read so the guy can fund his channel than try to listen to the insufferable .gov company-line claptrap that comes outta the PBS gobs.... seems a little more "free market".
It's not hard to skip the first two or three minutes of the video.

Alex is right!!
The "red wave" didn't materialize because many conservatives didn't vote. In Oregon and country wide.
The stats bear it out.
What is the cause?

No faith after the Brandon Installment?

I think it's BS but still vote just in case we still a legit voting system.

What is the cause?

No faith after the Brandon Installment?

I think it's BS but still vote just in case we still a legit voting system.
The "problems" gun owners and just anyone who wants to remain free have are laws. Both new laws passed and black robes who pick and choose which laws say what. This is only changed by voting. 99% of the people who talk "taking up arms" to "fix this" either are just full of bluster or they have zero clue what they are begging for. The reason history keeps repeating is the amazingly short memories. Law makers fear one thing, losing their jobs.

The 2A is there in case we need to take back our country from a tyrannical government.
That ship has sailed.

Brandon is allowing a Chinese spy balloon to cruise around overhead as we argue this.

The 2A is there in case we need to take back our country from a tyrannical government.
That ship has sailed.

Brandon is allowing a Chinese spy balloon to cruise around overhead as we argue this.
To be fair, the Defense Department said this (emphasis mine):

The United States government has detected and is tracking a high-altitude surveillance balloon that is over the continental United States right now," he said. "The balloon is currently traveling at an altitude well above commercial air traffic and does not present a military or physical threat to people on the ground. Instances of this kind of balloon activity have been observed previously over the past several years. Once the balloon was detected, the U.S. government acted immediately to protect the collection of sensitive information.

Alex is right!!
The "red wave" didn't materialize because many conservatives didn't vote. In Oregon and country wide.
The stats bear it out.
Actually, stats don't bear it out. Taken from the 2022 statistical summary https://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Do...er-2022-statistical-summary-participation.pdf Oregon turn-out was 67% compared to a national 46%. Republican turn out was a higher percent than Democrat by over 4% and was higher across all categories, yet still produced 200,000 fewer votes. They can't break down to liberal vs. conservative so it's impossible to break those numbers down but you can try if you want.

elsie

Actually, stats don't bear it out. Taken from the 2022 statistical summary https://sos.oregon.gov/elections/Do...er-2022-statistical-summary-participation.pdf Oregon turn-out was 67% compared to a national 46%. Republican turn out was a higher percent than Democrat by over 4% and was higher across all categories, yet still produced 200,000 fewer votes. They can't break down to liberal vs. conservative so it's impossible to break those numbers down but you can try if you want.

elsie
Once again stats can say anything people want them to say. "Turnout" is measured by registered voters who bother to vote. How many who should be voting do not even bother to register? A LOT of them sure like to scream when new laws are passed though. Not to mention a LOT of the people who should know better vote for the party who is hosing them because they are union, or family always has, or both parties are the same.............insert excuse here. So again stats can be made to tell them anything they want to hear too.

Once again stats can say anything people want them to say. "Turnout" is measured by registered voters who bother to vote. How many who should be voting do not even bother to register? A LOT of them sure like to scream when new laws are passed though. Not to mention a LOT of the people who should know better vote for the party who is hosing them because they are union, or family always has, or both parties are the same.............insert excuse here. So again stats can be made to tell them anything they want to hear too.
Speaking of excuses…

Stats are cool.
Ballot harvesting... not so much.
The "trick" to that is for our side to learn to do it just as well. Most of it is legal. So we should be hiring people to show us just how its done. If we do they will of course start to scream about doing away with it. That's fine with me if both sides stop. Right now we should be playing by exactly the same rules.

That ship has sailed.

This is like, "son, did you sneak the car out last night?". Yes, I did (and every Saturday night for the last month).

It's not like some nerds wouldn't notice the balloons, forcing them to almost come clean. What else has been going on and why can't my tax dollars stop it?

So, the government can talk big on braces, tax stamps, registration, ect. But no comment when they clearly have some explaining to do.

Memories are amazingly short. I will not live long enough to see confiscation because it will not be needed. 99% of the "from my cold dead hands" will line up to give up what they can no longer have, just like the great lock down hoax. Unless more wake up and vote the scum out they will just keep taking. Most will grumble and go along. Few holdouts will do what they do now. How much non papered NFA stuff is floating around? Anyone see anyone going door to door to take it? Wonder why? As they make something no longer legal most will give it up. Hold outs can do what, bury the stuff? If they use it they will be made an example of. If some one does start a fight they will be killed and the media will show it 24/7 to get even more to agree the person was a kook. Meanwhile a lot of the "cold dead hand" crowd tosses their ballot in the trash as voting is a waste of time and wonders why they keep losing. :(
Definitely some great points you have there Alexx1401. Voting definitely is a major role however, I believe it impacts very little because even if we the people vote against all the anti gun laws the Libs are planning, in the end they still somehow found a way to cheat the system. Nonetheless, each and every one of us must not only continue to vote but, also get more involved of using the backbone that we all have. Everyone must put their foot down, stand up and get more involved to say the least!

Definitely some great points you have there Alexx1401. Voting definitely is a major role however, I believe it impacts very little because even if we the people vote against all the anti gun laws the Libs are planning, in the end they still somehow found a way to cheat the system. Nonetheless, each and every one of us must not only continue to vote but, also get more involved of using the backbone that we all have. Everyone must put their foot down, stand up and get more involved to say the least!
There is some cheating. There has always been some cheating. Those who like freedom, not just those who want to own guns, need to vote well. Its never going to be a one time thing. Of course humans are corrupt. Beat back corruption one time it does not go away. They will come back for another bite. WAY too many people have just had it too easy for too long and will do nothing. A lot of them sure like to complain after its over. The cool bumper stickers are fun. People are not going to take up arms to "fix this" because LONG before it gets that bad the fight will be over. We have a lot of rights in the USA. One of them is the right to vote for who runs our government. Far too many refuse to take advantage of that right so they slowly lose other rights because they were not willing to do anything. They can slap on all the bumper stickers they want, that will not change anything. ALL the people in office are there either by voters or put in place by people voters put in office. Start kicking some of them to the curb and many will change their tune whether they believe what they are saying or not. They want to keep those jobs.

Exactly. This 'goes without saying'....

I have been waiting for something exactly like this - when the left finally 'shifts gears' by essentially admitting' they were wrong, didn't do enough etc. and will move it to the next level - and this will be the interesting part because for them confiscation is the only answer.

I suspect we will eventually start to see confiscation proposals and ideas being suggested. It will probably start out fairly benign and simple with ideas to try to get people to comply willingly and then they will try testing this out and when it fails then they will take it to the next step - because like before and that will no doubt be something less than willful for the owners.

Make no mistake - 'they' will eventually rationalize radical confiscation methods.
Worst-kept secret in our society: they want our guns. ALL our guns. And sadly, the useful idiots are helping them...

I_have_a_very_bad_feeling...gif

Its_all_legal.jpg

BUT, But, but.....since some Liberals believe that it must start somewhere. Can I ask?

If_saving_one_life.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Sigh, this old line is often trotted out by the same people who make unlimited excuses. No "side" is pure BUT, only one party has all my life been after my freedom. Pretending both sides are the same is what got us where we are today. People keep their head in the sand and say both sides are the same all the way to top down control. We do get the government we deserve as a wise man said long ago.
Gonna have to respectfully disagree with you on this point: The duopoly - or the uniparty if you prefer - has successfully seized the levers of power to the exclusion of all others with a near-religious fervor. I can cite dozens of examples on both sides of the aisle of philosophies and legislation deleterious to human liberty. I don't know about you, but having to make one choice between two bad options have never seemed like much of a choice to me: Do you prefer a kick in the gut or a punch to the groin? Oh neither you say? you are in the crosshairs, peasant... This is on us. We the people have allowed our puerile tribalism to ultimately give the powerful exactly what they want: A people divided and their loyalties subject to a diktat of ideological purity.

A man far smarter than me once said "we get the government we deserve." He was right.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top