JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didn't know either of my Grandfather's very well, but one of the most important lessons I learned from my Father was "Always keep your promises".

It is the way he raised me and the way my wife and I raised our son.

If I was acting out when I was a kid (imagine that), my father would give me a choice; "You can do what I say and here's what will happen (usually resulted in a good outcome), or you can keep doing what you are doing and this is what will happen (usually a bad outcome for me), and whatever decision I made, he kept his promise.

As I told my son many times growing up, "This family is not a Democracy. It is a sometimes benevolent dictatorship until you are old enough to be out on your own". Worked out pretty good. :)

My fathers pearls of wisdom are amazing. He used to tell me these almost daily

1: No never means no, It just means find another way. unless the panties are off, then no means no.

2: I dont mind what you do, as long as you dont get caught or bring home anything you have to name or get shots for.

I still live by these pearls. My son is 2 1/2 and i have started to tell him them also.

Without your word you are nothing

Nobody looks down on a good days work

You are who you want to be, not who others say you are.

You might be surprised, and gramps too, if you think that is something "a woman's true nature" wouldn't let her do. Especially in defense of, or to feed her children.
Killing is just one of a few that come to mind.
Never piss off a woman with threats or deeds against her kids John, never.
If you do, then you will find "a woman's true nature."

My pops' favorite's were:
"Some people just shouldn't own tools!"
"Most people don't see what they are looking at."

He was an aircraft and aerospace QC inspector.

Since I missed the OPs original post, I'll just add my favorite quote from my Papa. "If'n it ain't gonna kill you or a loved one, it ain't worth worryin yerself to death over."

Lessons I learned by his actions. Discipline, honor, love and family are more important than any material thing. Defend and protect your family with conviction. Don't give up enjoying life till it walks up and kills you out of spite.

My Papa (my dad's dad) was tough as nails, ornery and not one to cross lest you feel the wrath of his bull whip. But at the same time he was loving, gentle and knew how to have fun ... all the way up to his second hear attack that finally took him from us when he was 75. He served on a USN carrier support ship during WWII and participated in the attack on Iwo Jima. He had his neck shattered in a head on collision (not sure what year) that made him a quadriplegic and after a few years he healed up enough to walk and have about 98% motor function. He was a carpenter by trade and his folks had a small ranch in Oklahoma.

Celtic Armory: Thanks for the post, very well said and heart felt. This is what this thread was to be about. Some people could screw up a county fair.

John

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads