JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lara Logan
That jest set the tone for a provocative address before 1,100 in which the foreign correspondent and 60 Minutes star skewered American policy in Afghanistan and Libya, called for a ramped-up military campaign against terrorists, and criticized the Obama administration and others for both underestimating the Taliban's strength in Afghanistan and for tolerating Pakistan's obvious coddling of terrorists killing American soldiers.

The Taliban and al Qaeda, she made clear, "want to destroy the West and us," and we must fight fire with fire, She appeared to leave the assembled alternatively riveted and just a bit troubled by a critique with interventionist implications clearly drawn from her reporting.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...an_the_idea_al_qaeda_is_weak_is_a_major_li e
The lie is that America's military might has tamed the Taliban.

There is this narrative coming out of Washington for the last two years," Logan said. It is driven in part by "Taliban apologists," who claim "they are just the poor moderate, gentler, kinder Taliban," she added sarcastically. "It's such nonsense!"
<snip>
She made a passionate case that our government is downplaying the strength of our enemies in Afghanistan and Pakistan, as a rationale of getting us out of the longest war. We have been lulled into believing that the perils are in the past: "You're not listening to what the people who are fighting you say about this fight. In your arrogance, you think you write the script."

At least someone in the MSM isn't swallowing and regurgitating the horsepucky coming out of the White House.

It's time to get out, or adopt Eisenhower's credo:
"As long as I am President, no American will be forced to fight with one hand tied behind his back."

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole concept that an entire region wants to destroy us is completely spurious.
I guess you didn't watch/listen to the video of her speech, or read the articles in the links.

What she is saying, is the influence of groups like al-qaeda, the taliban and the muslim brotherhood is growing, not shrinking like the leftists running our country would have you believe.

I guess that puts you on par with the rest of the sheeple, that believed the hogwash about the hokey video causing the violence on the anniversary of 9/11.

If we don't take an honest look at what is happening in these countries, what chance do we have of dealing with it?
None.
That is known as "leading from behind," and is prima-facie evidence that our current "leadership" is nothing of the sort.
Quote from The Daily Beast:
At the start, she lauded her 60 Minutes boss, executive producer Jeff Fager, for providing the admonition that she seek the facts on the story and let them lead her to a conclusion, rather than go out to prove a preordained thesis.
The same "preordained thesis" that emanates from the White House regularly.

I guess you didn't watch/listen to the video of her speech, or read the articles in the links.
She's a liar grabbing for notoriety.

I don't listen to liars or apologize for them.

I would also say don't make uneducated guesses.

I agree we should take an honest look, our meddling in the affairs of others is causing problems. Well, really simple fix: stop meddling. Like a high school date, pull out.

She's a liar grabbing for notoriety.

I don't listen to liars or apologize for them.
I seriously doubt Lara Logan needs any more notoriety after what happened to her during the Mubarak ouster.

This is the third discussion around here that you've engaged in, where all you've done is apologize for the liars in the White House, so I guess you're selective in your approach.

Yeah. I have to agree. Stop killing Arabs and stop siding with their enemies.

We basically created, trained and funded that Taliban to fight against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 80's and we trained and funded AlQueda and trained them as well.

We need to stop meddling in world affairs and stop creating monsters.

Someone put it very soberingly a while back. (Ex-Iraq war vet)

"We're making enemies faster than we can kill them."

Maybe you don't understand what an apology is. If one were to believe you, it's a matter of anyone who disagrees with you. An apology actually is something along the lines of: a written or spoken expression of regret or remorse. Nothing in there with not goosestepping to your drummer.

Dig it, you can accept her all you want. Go for it. I hear her, I think she'd make good friends with Alex Jones, and will have a great future writing on breitbart.com. You obviously think she's speaking the absolute gospel.

The reality is somewhere in between, but go ahead and label.

Yeah. I have to agree. Stop killing Arabs and stop siding with their enemies.

We basically created, trained and funded that Taliban to fight against the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 80's and we trained and funded AlQueda and trained them as well.

We need to stop meddling in world affairs and stop creating monsters.

Someone put it very soberingly a while back. (Ex-Iraq war vet)

"We're making enemies faster than we can kill them."

Apologist. :s0112:

If we don't take an honest look at what is happening in these countries, what chance do we have of dealing with it?
None.

That is known as "leading from behind," and is prima-facie evidence that our current "leadership" is nothing of the sort.
Quote from The Daily Beast:

Absolutely no chance with this a$$ kissing administration, they know our so called leader is weak in the knees..........

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top