JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know the rest of the state is doing fairly well with their salmon returns, but here on the Coast the Twin Harbors are doing horrible.

At first I figured the fish were late in coming, but now I'm convinced that they may have shot up the river with the last storm we had a few weeks back. We may still have a good run of those big November hook nose silvers, but the first half of this salmon season blew.
I have it on good authority that even the QIN and non Indian commercials guys are saying this year is a bust. I've heard the Willapa is doing horribly too.

So does anyone have any clues as why things are so bad? Mismanagement? An off year? Previous winter storms? Seals? Fukishima? Aliens? I'm even willing to blame Bush at this point since noone else seems to have an answer.

What has been going on up stream? Logging?

Much less than in past years and the past twenty years or so they have been almost overregulated.

Industry?

None in Grays Harbor, and little if any in Lewis County

Irrigation?

In Western WA?
Lack of fisheries Management??

This would be my guess. That and leadership that have heavily favored gillnetters over sports fishermen since the Boldt Decision

I hate this....

So much population out here any more!!

Actually too damned many guides here lately.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top