JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like the 1776 48 is right at 1499, now I guess the question is going to be do I get the 30 or the 48.

I'm not rich like @Kruejl so I can't go for the Colonial ;) :p

I'll need to go and look, but it's a bad idea to do that until the new year now. Thanks everyone.

I got my Colonial with all the options for $1800 delivered.

OP,
I'm sorry you have a small safe, I know it must look small next to all the other guys safes listed here.
Just remember its not the size of your safe, but how you use it.:s0140:

Digress...... around Oct-Dec there are great deals on a huge amount of safes, you might want to throw and ad out in Craigs, Armlist, and or FB and tell people you are looking for. I know in Oregon Coastal has some good deal depending on the grade you want in the holiday season. Also think false walls with safe storage stuff like that can allow you to keep this hidden and not have to spend quite so much on security,

I would call Wayne at Liberty safe of Oregon. Great guy and his prices will fall in line with what you are looking for. I picked up a 42 gun safe for just under 1k He has new and used.

If I am not mistaken @Kruejl got his there as well.

#MeToo LOL they gave me a great deal on a National because it has a cosmetic imperfection I can only see if I lay on the ground and can barely feel with my fingers and only then because I know where it is. Great folks and great service.

@F2CMaDMaXX consider using Rifle Rods in your new safe as well as getting some extra mileage out of your old one. I was truly able to store all my rifles in about half the space and can access them much quicker
gun-storage-solutions-rifle-rods-10-rod-starter-pack-46.png

EDIT - not my safe above (wish I had that many rifles!). There is a picture of mine below with orange rods.

Last Edited:
Somebody here suggested "rifle rods" as a space saving tool for gun safes. I'm planning to use them when my new safe is delivered next week.

I also went with Liberty Safe in Hubbard. I also looked at Cabelas, but once you factor in delivery, bolt-down, and electrical, buying directly from Liberty Safe is a better value $$$.

Somebody here suggested "rifle rods" as a space saving tool for gun safes. I'm planning to use them when my new safe is delivered next week.

I also went with Liberty Safe in Hubbard. I also looked at Cabelas, but once you factor in delivery, bolt-down, and electrical, buying directly from Liberty Safe is a better value $$$.

I got the orange ones - they are easier to see. I will never go back to the standard shelf supports
413380-64e50d03253071a96586bc4f34e9c7b5.jpg

Amazon for the rods? I've seen them before but didn't quite need them, also wasn't sure how far from the "ceiling" they could be, but your picture answers that question.

Could be a good standby for the next, 8 months?

Seems like Liberty Safe Oregon will be getting a visit next year ;)

Amazon for the rods? I've seen them before but didn't quite need them, also wasn't sure how far from the "ceiling" they could be, but your picture answers that question.

Could be a good standby for the next, 8 months?

Seems like Liberty Safe Oregon will be getting a visit next year ;)

Amazon or eBay. Seems like eBay has more options. BTW these are a Liberty product; Gun Storage Solutions is part of Liberty

This is the kit I got, but there are kits that have more rods & velcro.
NEW! Gun Storage Solutions Rifle Rod Kit Size Small Liner 10 Rods-ORANGE 856691002614 | eBay

Curious if I can use the expansion pack or if the mat is needed.

That starter pack is a dollar (woo) less on Amazon.

Rifle rods to overcome the current safe congestion, but definitely consider a Liberty safe, what they deliver for the money can't be beat. The story's of fire and pry survival are what sold me... Plus interior hinges... I've got a Patriot, it's as 23 or 24 Gun, $1399 at Costal, worth every penny...

E950A7DE-3BA2-495C-BC28-54B90D5D6187.jpeg

Short version, this thing is too small, i'm not sure even rifle rods will save it now :(

IMG_20180729_214732.jpg

I'm 99.9% settled on a Liberty safe, but the annoying and sad part is i have to wait until next February before i can get one :(

IMG_20180729_214749.jpg

The rifle rods work most excellent, even with scoped rifles and those with pistol grips (alternate how they fit in). Had the folks at work make some several years ago, work like a champ using tubing of various sizes welded to a small disk then covered with a rubber sleeve (shrink wrap stuff used to isolate wire splices). Customized and cheaper in the long run! Good luck with your safe hunting...and remember, ALWAYS get one with a larger capacity than what guns you currently have! Enjoy filling it up even more!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top