JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
C'mon moderators can't we have a post limit for classifieds.

When i see jack hoffs post parts/weapons/ammo for stupid prices or saying what can i screw someone over for on this?!

Sorry but i'm leaving sarcastic messeges for that crap.

I have done plenty of business with level headed people giving great deals in the past month, including PMAGS and USGI for $12.50 a week ago. There are plenty of us that don't want to deal with gougers so we simply don't. IGNORE function works and just like Nuremberg they will get theirs, in the end when they want something and nobody wants to sell to them because their posts are blocked. If you want something post in the WTB section explaining yourself and maybe you will get what you want, I did.

I'm not having a proble. With current market prices.
I have a problem with people trying to come here not apart of the community and trying to fish to screw someone over. And if your selling something at stupid prices and you only have two posts then you should go fish elsewhere.

And if their going to come here and do it they can do with smart hass comments by it's members.

I have a problem with people trying to come here not apart of the community and trying to fish to screw someone over. And if your selling something at stupid prices and you only have two posts then you should go fish elsewhere.

And if their going to come here and do it they can do with smart hass comments by it's members.

Just remember rule 14•1. No threadcrapping
If you dislike like something about the ad, ignore it. If you spot blatant misrepresentation, an illegal ad, etc. please notify a moderator.

I'm never said anything about shutting anything down.
I'm suggesting there be a post minimum o be able to post on classifieds. There's other firearms webpages that do it.

Cool I'm going to post my pmags $500 each!
Bucket AR $1,000,000 or whatever the highest someone will pay.

There's serious people on here trying to enjoy the free market. Without people having to sift through post that are ridiculous.

So I have an AR that has been in my safe for about 3+ years. Seeing that the prices are high and I never use it, this is a good time to sell it.
Do you expect me to sell it at 2011 prices, just so some stranger buys it and turns right around and sells it for a $400 profit???
The prices are what they are. Like the ocean the tide comes in and then goes out. If you're upset because something is too expensive then instead of being angry at other take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself why you're in the position that you need to buy stuff today.
Many of us have been saying since Obama got elected the first time that he would go after gun ownership.
Whose fault is it that you did heed those warnings and now find yourself unprepared?

So I have an AR that has been in my safe for about 3+ years. Seeing that the prices are high and I never use it, this is a good time to sell it.
Do you expect me to sell it at 2011 prices, just so some stranger buys it and turns right around and sells it for a $400 profit???
The prices are what they are. Like the ocean the tide comes in and then goes out. If you're upset because something is too expensive then instead of being angry at other take a good look in the mirror and ask yourself why you're in the position that you need to buy stuff today.
Many of us have been saying since Obama got elected the first time that he would go after gun ownership.
Whose fault is it that you did heed those warnings and now find yourself unprepared?

:s0113::s0166:

There was a discussion (in the Den) about a post minimum for posting in the classifieds.

I was in favor because it encourages people to see NWFA as more than just a classifieds section and also discourages people from having multiple accounts (in case they get a bad rating, want to be gouging-is-bad nice guy in their real identity and sell at high prices in another, etc.)

Regardless, I think people should be able to post ads offering to sell whatever they want for any price they want, as long as it's legal.

There was a discussion (in the Den) about a post minimum for posting in the classifieds.

I was in favor because it encourages people to see NWFA as more than just a classifieds section and also discourages people from having multiple accounts (in case they get a bad rating, want to be gouging-is-bad nice guy in their real identity and sell at high prices in another, etc.)

Regardless, I think people should be able to post ads offering to sell whatever they want for any price they want, as long as it's legal.

Good point on people being able to run multiple accounts to either scam or gouge. I'd agree that new folks need to be here a while before than can post to the classified. Joey wanted it to be a community.

For myself, like Grunwald says above, time to thin the herd, make a buck and help out those who didn't prepare and preplan but are grateful for the opportunity to still be able to squeeze in a door they see closing. I see Glock 33 round magazines listed in 3 different posts for $120, $100 and $50. The $50 ones you have to buy my Glock though to get the hi-cap mags, which might dissuade some folks. Nice that there are options for folks in need. Tomorrow or the next day, who knows what will be the case.

As far as "crapping" on someones classified, that rule (as deadeye posted upthread) should be loosened up in these crazy times IMO. I saw the guy with the $120 Glock mags got some sideways comments, and they were not mean, but they were pointed and very well deserved.

Regards to all

Bill

Caveat Emptor and no one should post in a FS thread unless they are truly interested in the item

Anyone who has seen my FS threads has seen I am not participating in the wild prices. But if a federal ban passes I will sell a few items at the going rate to fund my new biz

Yaknow pot's legal in WA now?
Maybe go smoke a bowl and all this will seem,well as important as it really is.

Just a thought.

Since my last post was deleted for saying a naughty word, I will repeat it and let the system edit it as they choose.

Once we stop buying and the prices come down, the bubblegums will leave...

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews