JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We have a number of threads going on Ban Bump Stocks.

Which got me to wonder, besides Gun related stuff, what stuff has been banned ?

Drugs -

Books -

Personal vibrators - I heard there was a limit in certain places (TX, GA) which impacted some of those MLM businesses (Intimate) - sales samples were too many, orders could put the business which was home based over the limit etc.

Brodie knobs -

lighter fluid (CA) - and I suppose a number of other chemicals

There are restrictions on stuff, too. You can own a switch blade, but you can't conceal one in public - OR.

What physical stuff do you know that has been banned?

You can get a permit for just about anything.
And I'm pretty sure "banned books" are just ones that aren't allowed in public libraries or schools.
Drugs, yeah... but get addicted to heroine and they'll give you methodone.
Straight pipe exhaust, but they make baffles for them.
Technically in those states anal sex is illegal, but they forgot to include beastiality...

What is a Brodie knob?
They sell them on Amazon...

What is a Brodie knob? For turning your steering wheel with one hand I believe. We always called them suicide knobs.

Can't ship bongs across state lines.

Bath salts

No fixed knives of any length in Vancouver City limits

Ballisongs / butterfly knives

BHO hash

Gambling in most places

Smoking indoors at retail stores etc

Oh Man if you want a list of banned stuff here in CA it would take all day!

Switchblades, Butterfly knifes, brass knuckles, most newer handguns, SKS's, AR's AK's, Semi auto shotguns with a detachable mag. Most guns with a threaded barrel,Etc...
Model glue, any paint that is not water based[ yes they now paint cars with water based paint!] Deck sealer, Creosote , Tru Oil [ stock refinishing ], Rubber washers that go in sink faucets, Just about any pesticide that actually works, Any product with oil in it, any product with lead in it. They actually banned dirt bikes because they had a little bit of lead in the clutch and brake cable ends!

Most outdoor power equipment is banned because they don't make them with smog equipment! Mowers, Generators, Weed Whackers etc...

There are quite a few BBQ's that can't be sold in CA because they don't have a catalytic converter.
This is just the tip of the iceberg, this list could go on forever.......

Needless to say I can't wait to wave good by to ca in the rearview mirror! DR

Oh Man if you want a list of banned stuff here in CA it would take all day!

Switchblades, Butterfly knifes, brass knuckles, most newer handguns, SKS's, AR's AK's, Semi auto shotguns with a detachable mag. Most guns with a threaded barrel,Etc...
Model glue, any paint that is not water based[ yes they now paint cars with water based paint!] Deck sealer, Creosote , Tru Oil [ stock refinishing ], Rubber washers that go in sink faucets, Just about any pesticide that actually works, Any product with oil in it, any product with lead in it. They actually banned dirt bikes because they had a little bit of lead in the clutch and brake cable ends!

Most outdoor power equipment is banned because they don't make them with smog equipment! Mowers, Generators, Weed Whackers etc...

There are quite a few BBQ's that can't be sold in CA because they don't have a catalytic converter.
This is just the tip of the iceberg, this list could go on forever.......

Needless to say I can't wait to wave good by to ca in the rearview mirror! DR
For a shorter post, you could have just said "Freedom. It's against the law in California."

Drilling a water well on your own "private" land here in Washington state is banned without proper supplication, kneeling, offerings of treasure and personal acceptance of the green religion as embodied in the holy scriptures of our godlike state environmental bureaucracy.

And even then final approval is in doubt.

When it comes time to grab a pitchfork and storm the castle, count me in.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top