Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What steps does a guy need to take to sell and transport these?

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by SheepDog223, Sep 24, 2010.

1. SheepDog223

SheepDog223 Salem Well-Known Member

If a guy was sponsored by a reputable, known rifle manufacturer what would be needed for him to transport one of these from Cal to Or? If I were to ride along would I be putting myself in any legal danger if I didn't check the paperwork? Ask questions if you need to and I'll answer if I know the answer.

Thanks.

2. sprice37

sprice37 Albany Oregon Active Member

Kinda lost here but it sounds like an interstate transfer would be taking place and an FFL would have to be involved. Legally speaking.

3. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

Corner shot by itself, is nothing more than a stock. Add Glock, now you have an SBR.....would have to be registered, and prolly not gonna happen in CA.

4. SheepDog223

This is going to be a demo for L.E. and Govt sales.

5. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

Slap a blue gun on it. Doesn't count as a legal firearm at that point one would think.

6. SheepDog223

I'm kinda looking for advice from people who know and deal with things like this. When it comes to California and accesories like this I'm not so much into opinion.

7. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

Then why are you asking in an open forum and not contacting the manufacturer directly? Does the system come with a firearm attached? Is it considered by any state agency, or federal agency as a firearm and regulated as such? I detailed perusal of the website shows very little information about the unit at all; but it does have a contact email and phone number.

8. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

There are no restrictions for firearms manufacturers to travel around the country with their wares............regardless of state laws.

You would need to be hired, pass background check, and be listed as an employee.

9. SheepDog223

Thank you.

10. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

For clarity is there a firearm (Glock) attached? or is it just the Cornershot unit sans pistol?

11. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Since they are doing LE demos, I assume there will be a gun attached.

Non-issue if there is no firearm.

12. SheepDog223

Thanks

13. Tornado-Technologies

Tornado-Technologies Hillsboro Active Member

In theory yes, in practice it doesn't work. Try traveling to NYC with a silencer and see how far you get. Lots of states and cities don't allow things like machineguns, silencers, SBR's etc regardless of whether or not you're a dealer.

With regards to employees, as you said, they must be your employees and can't be sub contractors or someone you would normally send an IRS 1099 to.

14. WCTLEGUNSMITH

WCTLEGUNSMITH Bellevue, WA USA New Member

Cornershot is NOT a registered item, you can send it through the mail(if you have big cohonies) It is considered an accessory item that a firearm mounts in/onto.