JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Or perhaps it is actually data mining.
Threads with questions like:
What did you buy today?
What did you do to prep today?
What did you reload today?
What gun do you carry
Lets see your guns
How much ammo is enough?
etc etc etc.
1674938401037.png

A bunch of those threads started back before some of our members were even born! Don't mistake bored and lonely people reaching out into the void to try and make a human connection with trolling.

What did you buy today? Nothing.
What did you do to prep today? Nothing.
What did you reload today? Nothing.
What gun do you carry? Ruger LCP.
Lets see your guns. Too dumb to upload pictures.
How much ammo is enough? Like money, you can never have too much ammo!

See its not that bad OP! ;)

What did I buy, do to prep, reload today? Nothing.
What do I carry? 686 snubby.
Lets see my guns? Alas, except for EDC, lost 'em all in a tragic boating accident. Nothing to see here. Go 'way. Shoo.
How much ammo is enough? More than I have.
How much ammo do I have? MYOB.

Right. It was easy.

What topics would you allow on a firearms forum?
Welcome to NW Firearms, don't talk about guns you bought, carry or load for. Or ammo. Or prepping. No pics. 😂

Data mining and trolling are both possibilities.
You may also look at it that it helps the site sell advertisement space.
Same with "What do you look like."
In reality, privacy and anonymity are an illusion.
If a Trudeau-esque anti-2A purge were to happen, between online purchases, my posts and the hundred plus members I've met, there's bound to be a few knocks on my door.
Additionally, if you use Chrome, well, buwhawhawha!

What did you buy today?
What gun do you carry
Lets see your guns
How much ammo is enough?
etc etc etc.
View attachment 1354764

A bunch of those threads started back before some of our members were even born! Don't mistake bored and lonely people reaching out into the void to try and make a human connection with trolling.

Threads as such are easily handled by an appropriate reply that's just three words long that total just three syllables (and it's history of use is even older than the ALWAYS lovely and gracious @OldBroad44 ;) )

It goes like this….

"Ask yer mom".

Interesting question.
Here's another.
What if the owner of a forum/website was approached by ATF ?
"We need information on this individual, and we think he might be a member of this forum."

Where does it go from there ?

Or do they already have the I.P. address and can start plucking away remotely ?

In all situation and struggles that we deal with in our chosen constitutional amendments life style.
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
If questioned from those you don't recognize as an authority over you but yet them believe they are, always remember these two words.

No comment!

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

What did you buy today?
What gun do you carry
Lets see your guns
How much ammo is enough?
etc etc etc.
View attachment 1354764
I hear you. One guy asked to list the make and model of all your guns that are reliable. Wtf?! That would be every gun I own. No way in hades am I going to make a list of all my guns. People should know better than to ask that. I pointed out that there may be a ban coming in WA and that thread was not wise. He accused me of paranoid thinking (smh). Some people just don't get it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top