JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What smartphone do you have?

• Total voters
Not to sound all tin-foil-hat-wearing or anything, but I just don't trust the smartphones. Not to mention, they offer stuff, at higher prices, for services I don't really need.

Boring phones it is for me for the foreseeable future.

I am of the opinion that if we have a NAtural disaster - Most cell towers will probably have problems. So fot eh short term I would think Ham radio or CB would be the best alternative? either that or satellite. There is a reason Ham radios continue to exist

In the case of SHTF - I would assume all cell phone towers / satelites wouldbe controlled - IN that case ham radios or CB

unfortunately, i've become dependent on smart phones... it started with some Samsung thing my wife gave me several years ago.. looked just like a slightly fat black flip phone, but it had mobil windows, WiFi, crappy data, etc... (you know, smartphone)

i discovered very quickly the benefit of having internet in your pocket, when i was able to look up phone numbers to suppliers and access my emails from the roof top. then i figured out that i could upload my forms to my winmobil and actually write and send proposals from a phone, so i got a phone that could do that... and the rest is history.

i now own phones that are worth more than my truck. literally.

---

just saw the "preparedness related," part... my phone has nothing to do with preparedness, as i strongly suspect the moment any kind of SHTF situation occurs, all the cell bandwidth will be immediately and absolutely consumed. in fact, i think the best phone to have during that type of situation will be an extremely basic, non-smart cell phone that won't glitch and freeze and burn battery during all your failed attempts at making a call.

I have an iPhone 3GS, Jen has an LG Optimus S running Android. I much prefer Android, and plan to purchase an Evo 3D as soon as they're released.

I've got a Motorola Atrix but I don't use it for preparedness related purposes. The battery usage is too great. I don't want the tether of a charging cable.

What to do? Closed iPhone platform where you have to trust Apple, or open Android platform where any Chinese hacker can own you via their malware? You can't win either way.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top